Show off your coffee mug :)

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Darkbulb, Jul 17, 2014.

1. GingerAl

GingerAl New Member

[​IMG]

"I’m gonna hit you so hard that when you wake up your clothes will be out of style!"

wristwatchb and Darkbulb like this.
  2. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I have 2 that I use. a handmade cup I've had since my Dad died 18 years ago and a Bodum glass giant teacup that I find myself reaching for when its my turn to wash dishes. the pottery mug feels good in the hand and keeps things hot forever but the unglazed bottom worries me sometimes in my house full of spills and unknown liquids. The teacup came with a teapot my grandma broke 7 years ago.

WIN_20151001_153101.JPG

gorgo2, wristwatchb and Darkbulb like this.
  3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

This mug is about 35 years old. I had it made in college as a joke.

Cup Front.JPG Cup Back.JPG

4. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

You may see my cup at S.O.D. - today Feb 18th. Note it has a big chip on the rim. I guess that makes me a chip off the ole....

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    gorgo2 likes this.
  5. TheManWithNoName

TheManWithNoName Well-Known Member

I have a few different coffee mugs, but this is the only one I actually use to drink coffee from:

20160221_144230.jpg 20160221_144338.jpg

6. TheManWithNoName

TheManWithNoName Well-Known Member

7. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Vintage Fire King, my work mug...

[​IMG]

8. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thank you! :)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    Douglas Carey likes this.
  9. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

as an update to those whose like tumblers,
    the yeti is amazing!
    I've now got two sizes.
    the twenty is perfect for coffee. done correctly it'll keep your coffee hot for hours.
    the thirty routinely keeps ice for twenty-four hours. the ice from the previous day is dumped the next day to make a fresh drink.
    simply the best way to keep a drink cold.

10. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

11. JBSharp

JBSharp Well-Known Member

I plead the fifth, as anything I say can and does appear to be held against me.:shocked002:
    Although, if that mug were big enough to hold most of a fifth, maybe I would claim it.:eatdrink013:

12. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

Nice little Starbucks mug bought on sale for $3. Enjoying French Roast at the office this morning.
    image.jpeg

13. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I have this set [​IMG] both in espresso and cappuccino cups. Needed something to go with my "new" vintage espresso maker.

Douglas Carey and Darkbulb like this.
  14. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

And it goes with the car as well :)

15. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Here is about the extent of a Lamborghini I could own. [​IMG] The mugs\cups are dramatically cheaper.

Douglas Carey, PLANofMAN and Darkbulb like this.
  16. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Just assure that your creamer and sugar is properly integrated, but also be sure to know your limits.

Douglas Carey and wristwatchb like this.
  17. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

watch.png

I had several more but these made the cut when I packed up and moved here from Ohio.

•DCC brown china. Tall, hefty, very chunky but smooth three-finger handle. Can't see this style as restaurant ware but maybe.

•Unknown cobalt, USA. Nice to look at. Someone else here has the same one.

•Fire-King D-Ring shaving mug. Ivory is fairly uncommon, as D-rings go. In use as photo was taken.

•Fire-King school bus yellow D-Ring. I've seen stackers in this color but never another D.

•Fire-King Jadeite C-Ring 'extra heavy' restaurant mug. A little chipped and shabby but jadeite is always charming.

•Bel-Terr USA brown china. Probably restaurant ware. Smooth two-finger handle. I have a soft spot for brown restaurant mugs.

My nameless brown tankard is MIA, one of the kids probably has it.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    Douglas Carey likes this.
  18. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

I use an Avito Stainless Steel 14 Oz Double Walled Insulated 18/8 304 SS mug at home and another at work. I actually preferred glass double wall insulated mugs but after shattering two made the switch to stainless steel. Avito 14 oz mugs

81qcbptOkIL__SL1500_.jpg

Douglas Carey and Darkbulb like this.
  19. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Been using this mug daily for about nine years. Been there for me at breakfast, coffee time and even when working on a car. IMG_0745.jpg

20. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY