Show off your favorites (Picture Heavy)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by IAmTheJody, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

More than OK...I'm sure, like me, many appreciate your repeater collection very much...:drool

2. Oldguy

Oldguy Member

Here's a couple of my favorites.

The 1917 flair tip Aristocrat
    1917Aristocrat_2.jpg

The 1911 Gunmetal Empire set
    Gunmetal_Empire.jpg

The 1950 Executive with all 50 blades.
    Executive_1.jpg

Len

3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Len -

Nice razors but that one is just damn sexy.

How does it shave for you?

4. Oldguy

Oldguy Member

Dale, The flair tip Aristocrat shaves pretty much like the Old Type Single and Double Rings. So it's a little more aggressive than a New or the open comb TTO models. I have only used it once. It's great.

Len

5. Hiya,

Holy crap! Some of you guys have amazing toys...I mean tools. Len, a 1917 Aristocrat AND an Executive? Jeez. Plus as I said, some of you other members also really do enjoy a great collection.

Thanks to all for sharing their little treasures.

Martin

6. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I love this thread. Keep them coming! I will try to decide which ones qualify as my favorites. :)

7. rockrabbit

rockrabbit Member

Red Eclipse and Probak! ;)

8. gregindallas

gregindallas Rolls Razor Revivalist

My 1949 Rolls Imperial. Lately, my everyday shave.

Attached Files:

9. AmishFury

AmishFury New Member

my favorite is nothing special... but it is also my first DE

[​IMG]

10. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

It's been a while so let's bring this one back to life. Whatchoo got? Show off your favs!

11. markb

markb New Member

My favorite straight..

[​IMG]

1800's all-original 7/8 Joseph Elliot "Fine India Steel"

12. gregindallas

The Rolls Razor addition.

1952 Traveler Set (Imperial)
    1953 Alagator Cased Set
    1932 Deluxe B (Series 1, gold plated everything) Fun fact: Delux B's were listed at $33 in 1932 which translates to about $500 in 2009 dollars.

Attached Files:

13. beautiful razors

14. IAmTheJody

Very nice. One of these days I'm going to brave my way into the straight razor world.

Your Rolls collection has grown since the 1949 model on the first page. Very nice. I've got my eye out for 1 particular Rolls myself, the first one made, with the pebble-grain lid. I've only seen 1 in 2 years and it was in rough shape.

15. markb

markb New Member

Thanks Jody! :)

Here are a couple more of my "go to" razors...

[​IMG]
    15/16 Henckels Friodur

[​IMG]
    6/8 Thiers-Issard Le Grelot

[​IMG]
    11/16 Klas Tornblom... Not much to look at but damn, it's a great-shaving little razor!

16. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

More injectors

Earlier, I showed off my magazine repeaters. Here are some "true" injector razors. Left to right, D, E1, F, and O.

[​IMG]

17. gregindallas

Oh, one of "those". Not all Rolls were created equally. The very 1st razors were fairly weak and didn't last very long. I've got a couple of the early ones, not pebble grain but just after, and it's easy to see where and why the later razors changed. Typical Brit design process (I can say that having been through 4 Jags-no 5 counting the E-Type :D). Good luck.

18. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I posted this pic before, but these are my two favorite DE razors. The left (and favorite) is a Gillette Old Type on a BRW Improved handle. The right one is a long comb NEW on a Bull Mastiff handle.

Attached Files:

19. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

:signs097

I can't believe I missed this. You guys have some really cool stuff. Razor history!

20. IAmTheJody

Well as a collector too, it's a must have and a rare item. I've never been interested in shaving with a Rolls. But that could change and if so then I'll get me a shaver. But that first one.. yes, that's collector's gold.