Show off your pens

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Darkbulb, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Boojum1 likes this.
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I've always liked to use ink converters in my fountain pens because of the variety of colors in bottled inks, plus the cost factor over cartridges. I just hate cleaning up the extra ink from the nibs or converter itself, depending on how you refill it. Now I use these plastic bottles with a needle tip to refill the converter. They can be found at vape stores and online and come in different sizes. I keep some filled up in different colors for my pens for when they need refiling, no mess involved....... IMG_0576.jpg

4. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Have you found a "winner" yet? If so, what?

I try to stick with parker, cross, montblanc, and sheaffer pens. There are other good ones out there, but these tend to be the most recognized and longest lasting ones. While almost everyone knows and appreciates montblanc...they are considerably higher than the others, however.

5. Straight razor dandy

Pen PIF??
    ;)

jimjo1031 and '65 G-Slim like this.
  6. Straight razor dandy

I prefer ball point pens, specifically parker pens. My favorite is the 50th anniversary parker jotter (2004).
    Of course, i like montblanc too, but i feel you are paying more for the name at that that point.

danbuter likes this.
  7. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Here's another neat one...I've had it for a few years, so the 1" long ink cartridge is about shot. But, it's got the USB drive, laser, and flashlight thingie, too.
    [​IMG]
    Oh, and the three LR-44 button cells are dead, and there are two little spike-nail things about 1 1/2" long that go with it. No idea what they're for. Metal case with foam inserts, box, and instructions.

8. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Any rollerball fans out there? Next to fountain pens, they're my favorites.

9. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

I just had the same reaction. I thought wow! Better not read that thread

IDuck likes this.
  10. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

I eended up picking up a pair of starter pens. They are both Pilots. One metropolitan in fine. It writes ok. It is pretty fine, compared to say a fine rollerball. Maybe I should I have gone for a medium.. because... The other was a add on varsity in medium blue. I quite like that one. Great for writing checks, and scripts. I think I might get another pen at some point, but functionally, I'm happy for now.

11. Straight razor dandy

There are some very nice parker pens at super low prices on ebay right now. I really love their jotter ball point pen. If you can get a good price on their 50th anniversary jotter (the 2004 maze edition), i would highly recommend it. They look amazing, and I think they are the best pen at the price...heck..even if you doubled or tripled the price.
    Anything $30 or under would be a very nice buy, and it will last a lifetime.

12. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

On my desk right now, filled with Akkerman green ink ...

[​IMG]

Pelikan 400, OB nib

lradke, gorgo2, wristwatchb and 2 others like this.
  13. Straight razor dandy

I tend to prefer custom pens or Parker pens. I still need to get a Parker cisele, though. Below is a pic of my modest pen collection. I had quite a few more, but I gave been PIFing them to friends.

Left to right:
    Anti-gravity space pen NIB, super customized 24k Rick Montalvo pen, Parker galaxy gt pen, custom Hawaiian green burl wood pen by Rick Montalvo, Parker 50th anniversary jotter maze pen, Lamy 2000 fountain pen in box, Cross gold filled pen and mechanical pencil set in box. I have a limited edition blue circle Parker jotter coming in the mail to me soon too.

IMG_20170123_120853.jpg

gorgo2, 178-bplatoon and wristwatchb like this.
  14. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Not a great photo, but surely a fine pen: Visconti Van Gogh.

[​IMG]

15. Straight razor dandy

I have so many more pens than when I last posted on this thread. I guess I should take a pic and share.

16. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

How very Nederlander! :)
    Just don't put it near your ear! :eek:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    battle.munky likes this.
  17. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

This might be a silly question, but is Parker Pens made by the same company as the razors?

18. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

No, it is not a silly question at all.

Parker pens and razors are not related. Currently Parker is part of Newell, who also owns Rubbermaid, Sheaffer, Coleman, and many other brands.

Parker razors are made by an Indian, family owned, company.

Spud likes this.
  19. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Fountain pens are so classy and I love the way they write when they work. I had the pen monkey on my back for a while, mostly Chinese, some Japanese & a couple vintage, but luckily it eased off.:) I have a cigar box full! My problem with them was I write so seldom that the nibs would dry up and then I'd need to get them writing again, to much effort for too little use for me.

Spud likes this.
  20. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Muhle Ball Pen
    [​IMG]