Sign of things changing...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by PLANofMAN, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

You got that right! I would have never tried straights if it wasn't for the net and youtube.

2. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I'm secretly hoping that a GIGANTIC barrage of users moving to wetshaving will push P&G to have Gillette bring back DE razors. Odds of it happening? About the same as me winning the lottery, while being struck by lightning at the same time as I'm doing better at a game of golf than Tiger Woods.

JRod22, Sara-s and PLANofMAN like this.
  3. jbooth

jbooth Well-Known Member

I got started with all new stuff but, I've acquired a couple of nearly mint Gillette Techs since then too. I really like the way they shave but, the only problem for me is that the shave while more gentle may be a bit too close and seems to cause in-growns more than my DE89. I've tried playing around with blade selection but I have to keep coming back to the feathers due to the toughness of my whiskers. I probably will use the Techs on Sundays and maybe on Fridays for a little longer lasting closeness and then the 89 during the week.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  4. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

That's really odd in that the tech is way milder than the EJ. Maybe with the tech your using too much pressure.

5. FacialCarnage

FacialCarnage Well-Known Member

If I had the option of a hand me down razor from a family member, I would much rather use that. I purchsed two razors, one which is said to be more agressive and one that is said to be not so agressive. Maye in a few months when I had adjusted to the learning curve I may search online for a vintage razor. I would love to have a custom razor and brush with matching handles.