Discussion in 'Freebies' started by gorgo2, Aug 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Ho ho ho, etc. The idea is simple: post your personal date code (DC). If someone has a matching razor they're willing to part with, they'll send it to you for Christmas. See here and here if you don't know yours.

Rules and procedures:

1. Potential PIF recipients will post their personal DC in this thread. Note the following:
    • Potential recipients must have a minimum post count of 50. We've got a few months before this gets really cranked up so if you're a newb, get to postin'!
    • Recipients need post only once.
    • If you're one of those who fall under two or more identical DCs, please specify your exact year.
    • If you are outside CONUS you are welcome to participate. Just be sure to include your country or any pertinent shipping info they'll need to know.
    • If you were born pre- or post-date code, post the year in which you were born. You might receive a non-date coded razor (certain injectors, for example) which are believed to approximate your birth year. Hey, it's the thought that counts, right?
    • No requests for a particular style or model of razor, please.
    • Just as there's no guarantee someone will have a match for you, there's also no guarantee on what razor you may receive or how pretty it will be. Donors guarantee only that the PIF'd razor is in working order and shaves like it should.
    • If a donor doesn't have an exact match (say, only the correct year), he may offer to send it to you as "close enough." You may accept it, or politely turn it down and wait for another offer.
    • Recipients will be removed from this year's list upon being matched with a donor.
    • Keep the thread uncluttered with minimal chatter or discussion, please. Questions or suggestions, PM a mod or myself.
    2. A donor with a DC match will PM me with the member he wants to PIF.

3. I will PM the recipient to get his address.

4. I will forward that address to his donor.

5. At his own expense, the donor will mail the PIF sometime before December 25th. He may include his name if he wants, or only a return address on the box if he wants to remain anonymous - it's up to him.

6. Donors give me the tracking #, which I will also forward to the recipients (not to ruin any surprises; just to prevent stuff getting lost during the holiday crunch).

7. Recipients are asked to post pics of what they receive and, if it was made known to them, who sent it.

REMEMBER: This is purely voluntary, so there is no guarantee what (if anything) you may receive. Please take no offense if nothing comes of it for you.

Let the PIF begin!

PS This idea is not intended to compete with or replace the existing Secret Santa PIF. Figured they both could run side by side.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    Marverel, chrisbd, NapalmCola and 5 others like this.
  2. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

G4. (1961) Thanks. This sounds like fun!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    gorgo2 likes this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I believe there are three "G" years. Which is yours?

4. brow_tines

brow_tines Well-Known Member

U3 (Sept 1974)

gorgo2 likes this.
  5. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I'm in!! 1991-01-14, let's find one hehe

gorgo2 likes this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Are you're outside the U.S.? If so, what country?

Omelmad likes this.
  7. troy_gies

troy_gies Active Member

N3 - 1968

gorgo2 likes this.
  8. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I just updated the original post. Thanks.

gorgo2 likes this.
  9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

10. JamesFavre

JamesFavre Active Member

A1 (1980) for me

gorgo2 likes this.
  11. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

C3 1957

gorgo2 likes this.
  12. Micah Jenkins

Micah Jenkins Active Member

I believe I would be J4 (1989). Did I do that correctly?

13. Omelmad

I was just kidding. I thought this was for vintage razors, that was the joke. Because I was born in the late 19th century. My birthrazor is a fusion gillette haha

RaZorBurn123 and Norseman like this.
  14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Yep, if you're Oct-Dec of '89.

15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Well, it's up to you but a gift is a gift. Maybe someone has a Fusion laying around they don't need. [​IMG]

macaronus and Omelmad like this.
  16. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

Mine is M2.

This is a cool idea :)

gorgo2 likes this.
  17. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

'67 or '92?

18. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

1967... April.

gorgo2 likes this.
  19. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

20. Omelmad

I have been fortunate enough to receive a few pifs since I joined this forum. I'm not gonna join this one =)

wristwatchb and gorgo2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.