Silly Trends

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by DaltonGang, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Frontal lobotomies.

Electro shock therapy.

Keithmax likes this.
  2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Especially if you are on the receiving end.

brit and Kilgore Trout like this.
  3. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Seems like it's now accepted practice to allow police officers to provide therapy nowadays.

"Halt, or I'll provide dubious psychiatric treatment!"

How about 'Crossover' SUV's. That's a trend that I'd like to see die. Every car looks exactly the same, and they refuse to just admit that they're making lots and lots of curvy station wagons.

4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

SSRI application by any MD without the ability to empirically measure the need or effect upon brain chemistry.

Actually, a dangerous trend. Silly too.

brit, Keithmax and Kilgore Trout like this.
  5. DaltonGang

Hmm, interesting, would you care to talk about it?? :happy097:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    Keithmax and richgem like this.
  6. jar

jar Well-Known Member

Fortunately there is a silly trend to suit every need; Lite beer, natural foods, organic ..., flavored rum/vodka/gin..., anything made by Apple, GMC commercials, Geico commercials, Professional Football (NFL flavor) ...

brit and Keithmax like this.
  7. DaltonGang

"Gluten Free", unless you suffer from Ciliac Disease.
    "Low Fat/Fat Free", and its loaded with sugar. The sugar is worse for you than the Fat. As a mater of fact fat is good for your health(to eat).

Keithmax likes this.
  8. Bookworm

My wife insisted on having 2% milk - while our daughter has been growing. I keep telling her that until she's fully developed, whole milk is _better_.

Keithmax likes this.
  9. DaltonGang

I feel the same. But mass produced dairy milk is technically not Good either. Too many female hormones given to increase production, and its passed on in the milk. . If you read about it, it might scare you. Another can of worms.

Keithmax likes this.
  10. Bama Samurai

Google wheat and glyphosate. It's the farming, not gluten.

Yes. Ironically enough, Alzheimer's exploded as the Baby Boomers embraced low fat and took statin drugs. Too bad they didn't realize that brain is made of cholesterols....

11. DaltonGang

Yes, agree, I just didn't want to get too deep into it.
    I've ignored all the nutritional trends, since the early 70's. I told my parents, my wife, and kids, if God didn't want us to eat it, he wouldn't have created it for our consumption. Also, man-made products, for consumption, to make us healthier, seemed unnatural, and our bodies weren't meant to consume it.

Margarine- bad for you.
    Bacon- Good for you
    Butter- Good for you
    Diet drinks, with artificial sweeteners- Very bad for you.
    Egg Yolks- Very good for you.
    Meat- Good for you.

12. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

When I Was at Primary School in the 60s in Scotland the Teachers Used to Stick a Bar of Soap in My Mouth..Lock me in a Cupboard for Hours & Tape Me to a Chair..Child Abuse in those Days was Almost Unheard of..The UK was a Ruff Place in Em Days..I Will Spare You from the Details But I Put a Few of Em in Hospital for their Hard Line Endevours with Weapons I May Add at the Age of 8/10 Years Old..:D

An Eye for an Eye So Ta Speak..It was Good Training for the Royal Marine Commandos & Subsequent Conflicts I Fought in..:rofl:

Billy..:chores016:

brit, Keithmax, Redfisher and 2 others like this.
  13. DaltonGang

So, what you are saying is that you were a "Little Rascal"??

Billyfergie likes this.
  14. Billyfergie

My Mother Always Said..I Should have Been Called Geronimo..Wild & Hard to Tame..:happy097:

Keithmax likes this.
  15. DaltonGang

I thought I was the original, "Wild Child", but you've got me beat by about a year.

brit and Billyfergie like this.
  16. Bookworm

Early training for Braveheart.

Keithmax and DaltonGang like this.
  17. Bookworm

Eh. Honestly, _too much_ fat is not good for you unless you're metabolizing it for energy. That is, living in a very cold climate where you need high numbers of easily digestible calories. The biggest problem is/was with people deciding that _everything_ was bad, rather than understanding that moderation is good.

Oh - silly trends. Fad diets. All of them. Exercise, and reduce calories. Those are the only two ways to lose weight.

brit likes this.
  18. Bama Samurai

Did you see the Falklands, by chance?

The area of the USA I am from was largely settled by immigrants from Scotland and Ireland, my lineage included. "Spare the rod, spoil the child" is something cultural with us, methinks...

brit, Keithmax and Billyfergie like this.
  19. Bama Samurai

If it doesn't directly grow in the soil, walk on the soil, swim in the water, or fly in the air....I don't eat it. A Human from 3000 years ago wouldn't be unfamiliar with my diet.

brit, Keithmax and DaltonGang like this.
  20. Billyfergie

Never Heard of that Saying..Yes..I Saw the Falklands War..I Was 19 Years Old..Served with a Rifle Section with 45 Commando..We were Experts in Mountain & Arctic Warfare..In Fact..45 Commando Royal Marines are Training USA Special Forces as We Speak in Mountain Warfare..And the Australian SAS..:)

I Was Shot in the Groin..Dunno How it Missed My Tackle..A Baw Hair Away..:happy097:..Half My Section were Killed..Just about the other Half were Wounded with Gunshot Wounds..It was Hell on Earth..But..The Excitement of Battle was My Goal & it Exceeded All Expectations..Horrific as it Was..:happy088:

brit, barbersurgeon, Keithmax and 4 others like this.