Since TSD is out of the shave stick biz...

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by omegapd, Apr 4, 2009.

1. omegapd

omegapd New Member

what other soaps out there come in the neat twist to open up deodorant type containers? I have been spoiled by them and shave sticks...

or where can I find some of those containers to make my own?

EW

2. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

3. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

http://www.elementsbathandbody.com/2-oz-Natural-Twist-up-Tube-pr-486.html

I would buy the tubes and fill with your favorite soap(glycerine based of course). These are 2 oz and i would either get the tubs of the TSD or even a sample or 2. I prefer the glycerine sticks since they apply to my face much easier and smoother than the tallow based soaps. I love me some tallow sticks but they dont seem to rub smoothly. You might want to check the bay also?

4. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I agree. If you want TSD, make your own. You can purchase the small 2oz containers all over the web and probably in small quantities so you dont buy one at a time.

5. omegapd

omegapd New Member

awesome stuff. Orders will be placed. ;) Thanks a bunch...

6. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Okay, update time:

Ordered the containers from the link that fatboy showed above because they were cheaper than Ms. B's link. ;) They were shipped fast, shipping charges were reasonable and they included freebies- an extra container (smaller than the 2 oz. ones I ordered) and a pen. I made one mistake on the first stick I attempted and packed it too full and broke the twisty mechanism (just like my buddy, Jim :D) but cutting the end off the container makes it a push-up and it works just fine. I used a little more finesse on the others and the glycerine soaps were a piece of cake.

Here they are in order: Arko soap, a mix of MWF and Tabac, Williams mug and Col Conk Amber.

[​IMG]

Real happy how they all came out.

7. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Very nice work! They look great.

8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Nice looking sticks there. Good job

9. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Good job there Eric! I tell you, at first I wasn't keen on sticks....but after using the Irisch Moos and Palmolive sticks, I may think about putting the rest of my soaps into stick form...:D

10. omegapd

omegapd New Member

the hardest was the Williams soap to grate and mold into the container. Once this stick runs out, I don't think I'll do it again and just leave it in the mug.

Glycerine soaps rock, though. Easy as pie. Fun little project, too.

11. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Good job eric! I am amazed you were able to get the non glycerine's in the tubes that well! Looks good!

12. maxpower

maxpower Member

I putting my sticks (except IM and Tabac) into puck form. lol

13. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

They look good! Maybe you should go into the shave stick business ;)

14. Truckman

Truckman New Member

actually, I have an Erasmic stick that I had milled down....wasn't too happy with the result...

15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I saw somewhere that someone had the ideal to use chap stick tubes to make small shave sticks.. so that you could carry several different ones with you. Sounded like an interesting ideal.