Slim adjustable

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by aelfred.t.allspa, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Kokak

Kokak Well-Known Member

jwr3265 likes this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

i like both .i got a really nice slim birthyear razor for a good price.couldn t get a mint fatboy that cheap.i like the slim better because of the birthyear thing m-1.shaves under the nose a little easier for me.also the last all brass/nickel razor from gillette.fatboys are cool though.

Demidog and Kokak like this.
  3. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Since Adjustable August is winding down, I'll be alternating my Slim with my MMOC during SEptember.
    I want to get my blade auditions over prior to OCtober, so I can reconnect with my NEW SC. I'll be using it exclusively in OCtober.

Kokak likes this.
  4. RetLEO-07

IMG_1310.JPG
    Today's shave with my '67 Slim

brit, Dansco and Kokak like this.
  5. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

I have all of the adjustables, including 2 different kinds of Toggles and a Red Dot Fatboy. The heavier they are, the better I like them. The D1 is super smooth, easily my favorite but the difference between it and a standard FatBoy is not worth the $$$.

The Black Beauties are my least favorite. I can get a great shave with them but they seem a tad harsher.

IMO, start with a Fatboy and a Slim. Go from there. You'll likely wind up with both no matter which one you start with.

Dansco and Kokak like this.
  6. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

I've literally just got a slim (picked it up saturday morning) and have shaved twice with it so far. I would say if you're interested just get a slim and try it. I really like mine (don't put too much weight on the comment though - it's only the second DE I've used!)

Kokak, Enrico and LOOT like this.
  7. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

Like me, you got lucky by getting into Gillette Adjustables early. Hard to go wrong with any of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Dansco, Kokak and Enrico like this.
  8. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

It really does feel excellent... tried it on 4 the first time and it felt a lot like my Tech. Did my first pass on 9 today and I'm very impressed

Kokak and Enrico like this.
  9. RetLEO-07

Today's shave with my 1967 Slim Adjustable...
    IMG_1317.JPG

Dansco, Kokak, LOOT and 1 other person like this.
  10. RetLEO-07

Today's shave...
    IMG_1319.JPG
    2.5 passes of shaving excellence!

Dansco likes this.
  11. RetLEO-07

IMG_1329.JPG Throat Punch Thursday Shave

12. RetLEO-07

IMG_1339.JPG
    Last shave of the week. Blade auditions will recommence after OCtober. Have a great weekend!
    IMG_0602.JPG