snagged lot of 12 (11 SE + 1 DE)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by maltedmilk, Jul 15, 2014.

1. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    I never signed up for No-buy-July. Even if I had, I would have been out for the deal on the Standard Razor through Bespoke. However, being out, it left me free to win this pile of goodness:
    lot of 12.jpg

There is no way SWMBO will ever understand what a deal this was ($62.94 shipped). I would have preferred to stay under $5 per razor, but I've been eyeballing a HydroMagic and they've been running $20-$40 easy.

I am in such deep kimchee! :sick013:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    Misphit, Chuck F, Tattoobob and 13 others like this.
  2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I say you struck gold! Tell the wifey if you were to sell each one separately, you'd make a small fortune. Congrats on a super pick up.

Omelmad, PatrickA51 and maltedmilk like this.
  3. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

Someone loved their SE's and Injectors.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  4. maltedmilk

Article Team
    Yeah... ME! ;)

I almost bid on that white handled Schick earlier today. I think it went for about $15.

I blame thank blame... ok, thank... @fram773. He's the one who has tempted me further to the sharp side. I was content with my GEMs, but he had to go on about injectors. Oh, evil seductor, why do you plague me so?

If I live through my wife finding out, I may order some of those Feather blades and cut them down to fit. But it may be quite some time before I can sneak in more gear. :scared003:

PatrickA51, RaZorBurn123 and fram773 like this.
  5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Nice haul ...

PatrickA51 likes this.
  6. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

What a haul! There are deeper depths to the Sharp Side that even I have not fully explored. Such as this Perfecta razor

[​IMG]

or the GEM/STAR/ER woody razors such as this one:

[​IMG]

or don't forget the Valet (some are adjustable and they can use modified GEM or Feather SE blades):
    [​IMG]

Click this link to learn more about them

[​IMG]

7. RaZorBurn123

I've got a spare bedroom. ;)

PatrickA51, SRNewb and maltedmilk like this.
  8. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Great Haul, Congrats.

9. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

What a great haul! The 1912 Damaskeene is the pick of the litter.

RaZorBurn123 and maltedmilk like this.
  10. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Neat! After some cleaning you've got some great gear to add to your Den!

11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Nice buy! May I suggest you also buy a little gift for your wife (unless your sofa is REALLY comfy)?

RaZorBurn123 and macaronus like this.
  12. maltedmilk

Article Team
    WHAT!?! REALLY??? :bounce017::happy093:

My eye isn't as practiced as yours, Tom, so I can't identify it from the pic. I have you to blame thank for my Damaskeene RAD. OH... I hope it is in decent condition.:scared011:

13. RaZorBurn123

My favorite SE.

maltedmilk likes this.
  14. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

It's the one to the left of the Schick Krona, the round, knurled handle is a dead giveaway. The runt of the litter, the Krona, looks a little embarrassed to be the sole DE in the midst of all the great SE's around it.:)

Fingers crossed that the rest of the Damaskeene looks as good as what can be seen in the picture!

macaronus, maltedmilk and fram773 like this.
  15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Pile of goodness, indeed.:drool:

maltedmilk likes this.
  16. maltedmilk

Article Team
    I am super stoked about the Damaskene, but I need to feed that pile of injectors, too! Since I'll be living in the dog house anyway, I went ahead and took a bullet for the team (I tried to get someone else to be first here, but I guess my Tom Sawyer chutzpah is lacking!): I ordered some KAI Captain blades that are supposed to fit Schick injectors.

Found 'em >
    here< for 20 blades shipped for $17.50. I did some web searching. As you can expect, some love 'em and some hate 'em. I'll know soon enough. Will share once I've evaluated. Uh... it may take awhile!

@Sara-s is right: I need to come up with a good gift idea for my sweetie! (That hasn't really been my forte... ever! <sigh>)

17. maltedmilk

Article Team
    UPDATE: They're here! (finally) Everything seems to be in fine working order... especially the Damaskeene!

INJECTORS
    3 x Schick Hydro Magic
    3 x Schick injectors
    - type E
    - type I
    - type L

"GEM" SYTLE
    1 x 1924 Ever-Ready - "shovel head" with short, 3-link chain art deco handle
    2 x 1912 Ever-Ready - 4-link chain art deco handle, no dates or patent markings
    1 x GEM Damaskeene
    1 x GEM Push Button - black and gold
    DE
    1 x Schick Krona - "Schick" and "Krona" on silo doors, plastic TTO knob - in very good shape (better than my other Krona)

Soaked all in Dawn, then scrubbed with toothbrush.
    Soaked all (1 min.) in Scrubbing Bubbles, then scrubbed with toothbrush.
    Addressed rust stains with Barkeeper's Friend, then scrubbed with toothbrush.

All look very nice now! The Hydro-Magics have a whitish film in the handle grooves. I guess I'll try alcohol and a Q-tip.

The Damaskeene has lost plating where gripped on the handle and where someone has repeatedly rested their finger on the back of the head. The rest of the head looks fantastic! I'll be using it in the morning.

This is going to keep me busy for a couple of months!

NOTE: Forget those injector blades I mentioned. The ad states they are 1 9/16" long, which would just fit a Schick, but the blades I received are fully 2" long. I asked the seller if they were available in 1 9/16" as advertised. I told him I did not want to return blades, but would like to know for next order. I've sent three gentle inquiries over a week and he has yet to answer. AND... I think I prefer the Personnas anyway! It's a pass, fellas. I took one for the team.

fram773 likes this.