So many soap choices

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Paul76, Mar 25, 2017.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I like a lime scent but Almond is very nice too. I think bay rum was my favorite from the Col.

ninjack likes this.
  2. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to trying them, should be here soon. Was going to try out my new badger brush but I need to work some more on cleaning the smell out. The really strange part is that it almost smells worse after the first shampoo soak. going to try some other methods tomorrow.

3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Lol. Yeaaaaaaaaa. You just gotta work that out. Never found a fast way for that. The veg will cover it though.

4. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

I really like Col. Conk after shaves. The Bay Rum is my favorite with lime second. The soaps are okay, but I get better shaves with Williams and Van der Hagen soaps. They seem to be a little slicker to me. I thought I read somewhere that Van der Hagen actually makes the Col. Conk soaps for the brand. I try to keep some of the Bay rum soap in my den and a back up bottle of the bay rum after shave in there as well. I just love that smell.

5. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Clubman VIBR. Nuff said.

ninjack likes this.
  6. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Research is key, it can save money and aggravation. There are so many wonderful artisans out there, and many different forums and information sources such as utube and shaving videos that give you a chance to see the lather in action, scent will be subjective of course, but as far as performance goes, asking questions and opinions are highly recommended. Most of the fellow wet shavers will not steer you in the wrong direction.

lightcs1776 and RetLEO-07 like this.
  7. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

:signs011: :)

8. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

I'll have to try the Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum. I have not had the chance to yet, but have heard good things.