So whatcha put in your hair?

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by moviemaniac, Jun 9, 2007.

1. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Having never liked those modern styling-gels and sprays and whatnot else (mostly due to the cheap department-store scents) all I used to style my hair for a very long time has been plain water and a comb :D

A few months ago I discovered an old German product called "Brisk" It's a very light combing-cream, non-shiny, non-sticky, perfect for just keeping the hair in shape.
    Last week I got a tub of Yardleys Lavender Brilliantine and I also love it. It has a very pleasant lavender smell and it works very well on my (now) very short hair. It gives a nice shine and a great hold.
    Today I ordered two more products, both from American Crew - their Pomade and their Grooming Cream. I'm looking forward to trying both products.
    So, guys and gals, what do you put in your hair to look like a civilised person :p :D

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Fructis Leave-In Conditioning Cream.

I'm very picky about my hair styling products, and this stuff rocks! It always does what I want it to do. I'm on my third bottle of the stuff, and I can't remember ever buying the same hair styling product this many times.

3. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

dab 'O Brylcreem for drying my hair.
    dab 'O Groom and Clean for styling.
    I'll sometimes use a bit of hair spray when my locks get a bit long

4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

me, about the only thing I use is a little Monsieur de Paris hair spray, which is an old barbershop brand still around. It has a nice scent, and keeps the hair in place pretty good.

Paul Turner likes this.
  5. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Right out of the shower, I use Pinaud Eau de Quinine Tonic while my hair is still wet. This stuff is great for conditioning the scalp.

I finish stying my hair with a dab of Pinaud Styling Gel.

Perfect combo

6. Will

Will Nevermind

Not a thing.

Once in a great while, Clubman styling gel.

7. Smedley

Smedley New Member

Conditioner sometimes in the shower.

Eau de Portugal sometimes after just stepping out of the shower with my hair towelled but still damp. Conditions the scalp much like the Eau De Quinine, I imagine, and has a mild hold effect on my hair if I slather enough in. Has a nice old barbershop aroma I like very much.

8. Zachster

Zachster Member

I used to use Brylcreem (mostly when my hair was short for a week or two after a haircut), but for the last several months I've been alternating between Pinaud's Greaseless Hair Tonic and their Eau de Quinine. The tonic adds body when my hair is short, and the Quinine helps to keep it down when it gets too long. Both have a great scent.

beemers and Redfisher like this.
  9. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Lately, I've been using the Booster Lanolin Hair Cream, which is basically a PH-balanced mineral oil based cream with added lanolin and a few other moisturizers.

I believe Gabel's in the US has a similar product, though I've not tried it. Wildroot looks to be somewhat similar as well.

I like the Hair Cream because it merely calms my hair down and takes care of any "flyaways" and leaves it looking clean, groomed, and healthy. Doesn't look full of product or styled. Just clean. :D

Paul Turner likes this.
  10. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Zero nada zip. There's not much left so I don't have to do much.

11. Will

Will Nevermind

I am sorry to report, I may be joining your club. :(

12. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

No worries bro - I'm "head"ing there too (no pun intended:rofl)

The way I see it, it'll be more surface area to shave :D

13. Will

Will Nevermind

I wear my hair short anyway. just looks bad to have a fat old bald spot in the back (grows as fast as my son dose :D ) Married two years today so guess I will be losing more. :rofl

brit likes this.
  14. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Happy Anniversary :eatdrink004 :happy096 :happy036

15. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

Nothing. I don't have enough hair on top to use any.

Happy Anniversery Doc! This Bud's for you.::

16. Will

Will Nevermind

Thanks, I will need it. ::

17. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Happy Anniversary, Will!

WTH are you doing on TSD tonight? Or is that your gift to your wife? You'll leave her alone for the night? :rofl

18. Will

Will Nevermind

You guessed it

She is gonna get breakfast in bed and the Will's signature dinner and a movie date too. :rofl

19. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

:eek: ahahahahahahhahahhhhahahah, thats hilarious :happy001

20. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Happy Anniversary, Will! :D

Wow, so many responses in such a short time ::
    I'll have to try some of the stuff suggested - at least the original Brylcreem and maybe the Pinaud stuff :cool: