So whatcha put in your hair?

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by moviemaniac, Jun 9, 2007.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Thanks. Unfortunately, the wet look doesn't work for me.

2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Said it before...if you ever come across Bath Oil for Men, don't pass it up. The scent is astoundingly good. I would pay real money if someone cloned it.

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I just bought Dove Men + Care Hair gel....glad to have it. I prefer squeezing then rubbing, as opposed to spraying. Course with the Clubman gel(the jar size, as I now have), it's "reaching in, then rubbing", but still it's better than spraying.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  4. Edwin Jagger Loyalist

Edwin Jagger Loyalist Active Member

Smooth Viking makes a very good matte, light hold product that I find easy to clean out but also has enough hold for most of the day.

Paul Turner likes this.
  5. Fup

Fup Well-Known Member

I didn't use anything for a long time, just didn't wash my hair everyday and combed it. Until I was at a grocery store and saw Old Spice pomade. I decided to try it out and really like it but now thinking about experimenting with different pomades, probably water based because I don't want a bunch of shine.

6. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I like pomades.

I use 3 different ones, which all do different things essentially.

-Murray's (best hold ever, leaves hair soft instead of crusty, low shine, light and pleasing scent, is tough to wash out, cheap as all get out and lasts forever)
    -Nostalgic Handmade (fantastic hold, leaves hair soft instead of crusty, medium shine, they have a ton of Awesome scents to choose from, is super easy to wash out, medium price and lasts quite a while)
    -Uppercut deluxe
    (Great hold, leaves hair VERY soft and pliable instead of crusty, medium shine,killer scent of vanilla and coconut which women seem to ALWAYS compliment me on, easiest pomade to wash out, medium priced and lasts for a limited time)

They are all phenomenal

Fup likes this.
  7. Fup

Fup Well-Known Member

Wow, thanks for those! Uppercut Deluxe sounds like the one I want but my lady isn't too big on coconut(I am though). I'll have to check out the Nostalgic Handmades for sure.

8. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Check this thread out:
    http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/what-is-the-best-pomade.55167/

I also gave you some real nice advice on shaving gear on your welcome thread

Fup likes this.
  9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

A comb....next question please.

Fup likes this.
  10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Guess what - the wife bought me some Brylcream yesterday but I haven't had the guts to use it yet!

gorgo2 likes this.
  11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

My hair is getting thinner faster so the only thing I'm able to use anymore is barely a pea-sized serving of Groom & Clean. Still very good stuff , good hold, indifferent scent and washes out without a trace.

12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

My husband uses a towel.

mrchick likes this.
  13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

yup...I can relate.

14. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

upload_2017-5-16_20-43-27.png

A very small dab of this works well. Massage thru hair, comb and then comb again after it dries. It does a good job of holding without any oily sheen or making the hair look unnatural.

15. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I use a few different pomades and some hair clays. Some brands I like Grim Grease, Black and White, Lockhart's, Nostalgic Handmade, Pomp's Not Dead, Dax Wave and Groom, and Sweet Georgia Brown. I've been using a lot of water based pomades lately, particularly ones that don't get all crusty and harden up. But there's just something cool about using an old school oil based pomade... I either style a pomp, quiff, contour, or slickback. I need at least a firm holding pomade because of the heat and humidity in Florida.

16. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

A nice lather, followed by a sharp razor:D

17. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Watch out! You'll have creepy stop motion dolls chasing you.

mrchick likes this.
  18. David W650

David W650 Active Member

I'm a big fan of Paul Mitchell products. What is the exact name of the mentioned product?
    Thanks,

gorgo2 and Erik Redd like this.
  19. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

It's Tea Tree Hair and Body Moisturizer.

20. David W650

David W650 Active Member

Thanks for the information. BTW, my barber had some training with Paul Mitchell and she may be familiar with this product.

Erik Redd likes this.