Soap or cream?

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by flettaloff, Jan 8, 2014.

1. flettaloff

flettaloff Member

Hehe, Here I have to go online to get everything I need! The only thing I can find in local stores is maybe a bowl of some kind on IKEA!:-p

I shall try something from Fitjar here in Norway and I know i'm going to try many soaps so ebay is the solution for me or barbershop.no, thats where I bought my razor.. (Mühle R89) and I'm thinking of buying a brush there too, Mühle Silver Tip brush chrome. Fits perfect with the razor but do you guys know if its any good?

2. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

I get the distinct impression I ought to apologize for offering an opinion, here.

3. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Nope, not at all, Jasman! I just wanted to point it out, so the OP didn't go hunting for something that's not available.

I saw in another thread he was from Norway, hence we need to direct our help in the European direction and not the US direction.

But no need to apologize, not to me at least :)

4. jpb437

jpb437 Active Member

When I fist started wet shaving I preferred creams because they lather easily. Now I use soaps usually but I still have creams for when I am in a hurry. There are so many choices it is hard to say one is better or worse.

5. timotep

timotep New Member

I'm new to DE so I decided to just start w cream, see how I like it, and go from there. Got a nice sampler from TSD, should be coming soon.