Soap Pass-around Volume II - 2017

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PLAla, Jan 8, 2017.

1. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Happy Tuesday From Florida!

Third shave out of the box:

Hot Shower
    RAB Scuttle
    MB Christmas Forest
    Vey/Mac Flat Top
    Cold Water Rag
    Irisch Moos a/s

Two Passes, WTG/XTX = DFS!

I was looking forward to this shave, juniper and pine are among my favorite scents. I wish the Christmas Forest was more strongly scented. The only time I could smell it was when it was right under my nose.

Have a great day!

IMG_20170214_063245-800x595.jpg

2. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

I'd be careful with that electric sheep, triple bag it, it tends to make the whole box smell like it. I've had that happen before

RyX, PLAla, dustmite and 2 others like this.
  3. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Then it would just infuse the entire box with its awesomeness!

I am totally kidding. I love the stuff, but I can see how it could really take the box over.

RyX, PLAla, youngunn and 2 others like this.
  4. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I'll see if I can find a slightly used radioactive waste container to put it in...

RyX, PLAla, ob1page and 1 other person like this.
  5. stingraysrock

Happy Thursday From Florida!

Fourth Shave fro the pass:

Hot Shower
    RAB Scuttle
    Vey/Mac Flat Top
    Chiseled Face - Banana
    R41
    Personna Blue (1)
    Cold Water Rag
    Cella a/s

3-passes, WTG/XTG/ATG = Five Blade, Bang a Gong, Slap Me Silly, BBS!

I normally just go with two passes, but the lather was so nice and voluminous, I just had to grab a third pass; no reason to let that stuff go to waste!

The Chiseled Face reminds me of Queen Charlotte in terms of consistency, it is a thick croap and has a similar texture. I wish the banana scent were a little stronger.

IMG_20170216_062009-800x493.jpg

IDuck, dustmite, RyX and 2 others like this.
  6. dustmite

Work was hectic this week, so I didn't get to play with the goodies in the box as much as I'd like, but I have enough samples for awhile, and got a little bit of everything I wanted to try. I will take a few pictures in the morning, pack it up and send it out to @RyX.

PLAla, RyX and ob1page like this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Did you find any to swap? Anything in or out?
    What were the surprises or highlights for you?

ob1page and PLAla like this.
  8. dustmite

I posted my swaps the other day. I took 2/3 of the Ghost Town Barber, 1/3 of the TSD Bay Rum, and the RazoRock Caribbean Vacation. My biggest surprise to the positive was the Jeeves Turkish Bath. Something about the name made me nervous to smell it. I ended up really liking the scent. The biggest surprise the other way was the Stirling Piacenza. I was really looking forward to it, it really sounded like something I'd enjoy. I just didn't care for the scent.

RyX, PLAla and ob1page like this.
  9. dustmite

20170217_075816.jpeg
    My puts. I had to take the Dapper Dragon out of the tub, it just wouldn't fit. I removed everything from tubs or containers that had 50% or better air space inside. It still took several tries to get it all in!
    20170217_080748.jpeg
    Heading out to get this off to @RyX!

RyX, ob1page and PLAla like this.
  10. dustmite

The box is officially on the move! I hope everyone has as much fun with this as I have! It's a great way to try different products and scents with very little investment.

RyX, ob1page and PLAla like this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

You did, my bad. Now comes my second favorite part - checking the online tracking. Then
    the arrival.jpg

dustmite, ob1page and PLAla like this.
  12. dustmite

Don't forget, the more often you check, the longer it takes to get there!

(At least that's how it feels!)

PLAla and ob1page like this.
  13. RyX

RyX DoH!

Oh, you know about Quantum Mechanics, too! The act of observation effects the outcome of an event.

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

ob1page, dustmite and PLAla like this.
  14. dustmite

Apparently, fate decided that I should have a stick of Arko. We sat down to dinner and my youngest daughter found it on her chair. It must have rolled off the table when I was packing the box. I'm pretty sure that's the only thing that escaped, I took a good look around after that.

PLAla, RyX and ob1page like this.
  15. RyX

RyX DoH!

Arko is one of those "everyone should try it" products. Shipping cost more than the soap. And I do have some, grated & pressed into a container.

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

PLAla, dustmite and ob1page like this.
  16. Kenneth Sampson

Kenneth Sampson Well-Known Member

Tonight I decided that since the wife went to see 50 Shades 2 and pumpkin spice is a white girls kryptonite I would go with Stirling Pumkin Spice. I wasn't sure about the scent when I first smelled it. It grew on me while sitting on my table and I took a sample to try for later. I don't need to go into much detail because y'all know how Stirling performs.

Used my shorty Diamond Edge straight razor(blade is just under 2") and my Lather & Wood aftershave balm. Nice and smooth.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

ob1page, RyX, PLAla and 1 other person like this.
  17. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Love it!
    [​IMG]

18. stingraysrock

Happy Monday From Florida!

Fifth shave out of the box:

Hot Shower
    RAB Scuttle
    Cold River Soapworks - Barbiere Sapone 2
    Vey/Mac Flat Top
    R41
    Personna Blue (2)
    Cold Water Rag
    Lucky Tiger (not pictured)

1-pass - meh.

Once I got the lather going I laid out the Aqua Velva Sport; they have the same scent.

Unfortunately, toward the end of the first pass, my skin was on fire. I had a reaction to something in the soap. This happened before, with one of The Gentleman's Quarter soaps, I forget the scent though.

I quit the shave and soothed my face with Lucky Tiger.

Have a Greay Day!

IMG_20170220_060751-800x772.jpg

Sparrow, PLAla, RyX and 2 others like this.
  19. RyX

RyX DoH!

Ouch! The upside is you know not to purchase that particular soap. Think it was something in the soap base, or a scent oil that didn't work for you?

20. stingraysrock

Probably the scent oil. The lather was nice though.