Soap Pass-around Volume II - 2017

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PLAla, Jan 8, 2017.

1. RyX

RyX DoH!

I have the AS to match the Pacific Caffeinated cream. It's pepperminty!
    I prefer alcohol splashes so it's headed to the box if anyone likes. Used maybe 3 times.
    Pacific Caffinated AS.gif

PLAla likes this.
  2. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Which soap is Florida water scented?

PLAla likes this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

I think I counted 39 products. For the cost of shipping, around $20, that makes sampling each product reasonable! At least five Bay Rum. Not a fan of cloves, but one of those might change my mind.
    Except for the Vendors products, it's all subject to change anyway.
    change ahead.jpg

PLAla likes this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

Florida Water scented by Ginger's Garden will be going in after it leaves me.
    SOTD 02282016.gif

dustmite and PLAla like this.
  5. Straight razor dandy

Thats cool. I have been looking for a Florida water scented soap. Too bad you are after me.

PLAla and RyX like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

That doesn't mean you can't get a sample. I'll have my people PM your people.

7. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

The box is off to @Straight razor dandy! Anticipated arrival is Tuesday due to the holiday on Monday. I hope everyone has enjoyed looking over the contents of the box. Have a great weekend!

Kenneth Sampson and RyX like this.
  8. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I will chop off a hunk of Klar Kabinett to add, along with a few odds and ends.

PLAla likes this.
  9. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I got all excited about @RyX including a Florida Water soap, and then I realized he's behind me... Now I'm looking forward to Soap Pass Volume 3!

RyX and PLAla like this.
  10. RyX

RyX DoH!

Send those PM's with addresses. I have an outgoing international package shipping tomorrow. I can work in a couple CONUS samples of our @soapbuddy 's Acqua Di Florida, too!

soapbuddy, PLAla and dustmite like this.
  11. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I'm going to take you up on this, only because FW is my absolute, hands down favorite after shave! I'll figure out how to make it up to you sometime!

RyX and PLAla like this.
  12. RyX

RyX DoH!

After seeing others sporting the unique bottles in their SOTD photos, I did some research about Murray & Lanman's Florida Water. It has a history even leaning into the Occult. I found my first bottle at a grocery in Texas. Since then bought three more locally at WalGreens Pharmacy to PIF to a couple friends in town, and one for my 6 year old granddaughters to share. My decanted supply is getting low and I'll be sure to not run out!

Drygulch, dustmite and PLAla like this.
  13. Straight razor dandy

Pm sent! Thank you!!

RyX likes this.
  14. Straight razor dandy

Well gentlemen, I gave received the box!! I had a very long and difficult work day today, and it will be the same tomorrow, so I will just give my initial impressions.

The standouts for me are:
    Stirling soaps (of course, they are incredible...except for the glacial wintergreen...I don't like that one)
    The mystic waters raspberry lemon smells fantastic
    The 1912 is in real danger of getting swapped. I will see how it performs.
    The Jeeves if Hudson street Turkish bath smells incredible...I am looking forward to it.
    The crown and crane tobacco and amber is also a winner.

There is a great selection here. I didn't mention a few simply because I have already tried them and I know they are great.

Perry did an incredible job of putting this box together, labeling, sealing, putting together the rules, communicating, and just being down right awesome. Thank you

15. PLAla

Glad it made it safely! Good to hear some of those first impressions. I agree with all of them. The Stirling samples that Rod provided show a wide range of his scents - and they're all great. The 1912 is a really interesting scent....I couldn't quite nail it down. The Turkish Bath by Jeeves of Hudson Street DOES smell amazing. It's a great barbershop scent.

Thank you for the kind words. I'm happy to organize it and see it go all over the country to help people try different products, and most of all, have fun!

We look forward to seeing some shaves and getting more impressions from you!

IDuck and RyX like this.
  16. markchippy

markchippy Active Member

Has anyone tried the edwin jagger lime and pomegranate shaving soap . From England it has a great scent and all totally natural. I got a free sample for when i bought my razor. . Also love the smell and doesnt leave your skin dry. Thats definitely on my shopping list do love the tobs sandlewood such a great smell. But does tend to leave my skin a bit dry.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Linuxguile and PLAla like this.
  17. PLAla

I tried some Edwin Jagger cream once. I think it was some sort of lime scent. Unfortunately I didn't find it to be slick or protective and got a sub-par shave with it. Haven't tried any TOBS though.

markchippy likes this.
  18. markchippy

markchippy Active Member

I agree the edwin jagger doesn't really lather up that well but cant get enough of that smell as for the taylor of old bond steet Sandalwood that lathers up great and the smell is great. I be getting the tob sandlewood pre shave oil next to go with it.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

PLAla likes this.
  19. Straight razor dandy

Used the 1912. Wow! I love the smell! It is club cola. It just has a nice effervescent scent. It lathers very easily and has a great cushion and face feel.

IMG_20170119_003003.jpg

RyX and PLAla like this.
  20. Straight razor dandy

In an effort to really add to the box, I am throwing in some absolute top-notch items. I have added some of the hottest soap makers and some of the downright BEST soaps that you can get.

Below I have pictured the samples for the box next to their original containers for reference.

IMG_20170119_085304.jpg

IDuck, RyX, PLAla and 1 other person like this.