Soap Review: Théophile Berthon "Savon À Barbe"

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Spyder, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A French triple milled soap, which comes in a screw top tin.
    Translated directly from the manufacturer:
    Beard Soap with Shea Butter and White Clay.
    • comfort: Our beard soap is suitable for all skin types, especially the most sensitive.

Ease of lathering: 10/10--Super easy to lather, especially for such a hard puck. I'v had no issues lathering with badger, synthetic, or boar. (I generally reserve my horse for creams). Always more than enough for three passes.

Longevity of lather: 10/10--Easily lasts throughout the shave, and I'll consider myself a slowpoke;)

Quality of lather: 10/10-- Again a definitive winner! As a SR user, slickness is a "must have" for a comfortable SR shave. I would speculate this property is because of the clay used in the formulation. Also provides plenty of thick lather.

General skincare: 10/10--The manufacturer claims this soap is recommended for all skin types, "especially sensitive". I would have to agree wholeheartedly! Very nice post shave feel.

Scent: 10/10--This one is hard to describe for me. I would say a light "French" type cologne scent. Perhaps Rose, Carnation, Geranium type, very sophisticated, light, and lovely.

Price: 9/10-- I think I paid around $12 for this puck. It does come in a nice tin with a screw top. This is a hard puck (100g) and I would bet it will last a long time. I've got ~6 uses so far and no noticeable decrease in the puck.

Would I buy again: Heck Yeah!....Faster than a fat kid chasing an ice cream truck!

2. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

You've sold me on this! It's going on the list

Spyder likes this.
  3. M14Shooter

M14Shooter Well-Known Member

Just tried my new puck this morning.I agree 100% with your review .A top vegan based soap for sure .