Soapy PIF

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by LevelupShaves, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

I'm cleaning out the shave den a little and I have a few soaps that my sinuses don't like so I'm giving back to this oh so generous forum.

The Rules
    Preferably newer members because these are kind of starter soaps/creams and Conus only. Simply say I'm in then how long you've been DE/SE/Straight shaving and what made you get into it. I'll be drawing a name Monday night for a winner.

The Goods
    [​IMG]

A 5oz bowl of Gingers Garden Private Reserve Glycerin soap used a few times but it's a big puck of hard soap it'll last awhile and it smells awesome like Poker night with a little ash a little Bourbon and a lot of manliness.

A 5.5 oz tub of Cremo Sandalwood lathering cream. So this isn't a soap but it wants to be when it grows up. It has a great scent and the slickness is amazing. The lather dissipates a little quickly but the protection and slickness are still there. This has also been used a few times

A 2.25 ounce puck of Col Conk Amber it's a decent soap that lathers well I still use the Bay rum and Lime my sinuses just don't like the amber

A 2.5 ounce puck of VDH Deluxe I like this soap and it doesn't bother me at all it's just widely available and I need to make room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MR41, Enrico, Pilotcld and 5 others like this.
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Awesome!!

Proceed along the path..... Take big steps with your head up to!!

MR41 likes this.
  3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Very nice, someone's gonna be lucky.
    I'm not in, I'm past the beginner goal. But there's not a one of these i wouldn't use.
    Good tidings to the host.

MR41 and RyX like this.
  4. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

Awesome PIF, but not in. Good luck to all that are in though

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

MR41 likes this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Someone's gonna be happy. I'm already happy. Good luck to all. Nice pif.

MR41 and wristwatchb like this.
  6. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Not in, but love the new member generosity PIF!

MR41 likes this.
  7. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanks! This is a very generous PIF! I could soap up the Goodyear Blimp, so I'll just watch all the great fun from the sidelines.

MR41 likes this.
  8. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Excellent PIF. Not in, as I have been at this for over 6 months, so I don't feel I qualify.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

MR41 likes this.
  9. LevelupShaves

Nah I'd say that's still pretty new to the game that's about the same time I've been doing it

MR41 and lightcs1776 like this.
  10. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Not in, great PIF, good luck to all who enter, and those are some really good products from the most humble to the most extravagant of the bunch.

Good on you @LevelupShaves!

Pilotcld likes this.
  11. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I appreciate it, but I will let others throw their hat in the ring. The Sandalwood and Ginger's Garden sure look pretty good though. Good luck to everyone.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Pilotcld likes this.
  12. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Noob...

Awesome pif

Im in! Been here for about a month, the cost of carts combines with the poor quality shave ad speed at which I had to swap them made me curious. Don't plan on going back!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    LevelupShaves likes this.
  13. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

14. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Great PIF! Not in, but a very generous start on someone's soap obsession!

15. Pilotcld

Pilotcld Well-Known Member

I would love to be in for this as I'm still searching for my favorite soap and have also never tried a shave cream. But I think at just over a year I no longer fall into the newer members category.
    Either way, I started SR shaving last April after my grandmother passed away and I inherited my Great-grandfather's Dubl Duck Pearl Duck :).

16. LevelupShaves

That's an awesome story. If you want to be in you're good to go

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Pilotcld likes this.
  17. LevelupShaves

That's a great story! If you want to be in you're good to go.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Pilotcld likes this.
  18. Pilotcld

Pilotcld Well-Known Member

If I can be, that would be awesomeness thank you, I'm in! Thank you for the chance! I'll also promise that if there are any I don't like, I'll add them to a future PIF that I'm planning

19. spot705

spot705 Active Member

I am in please!
    Relatively new member since Aug '16.
    Long-time spray-foam cartridge-razor shaver as I thought that is all there was. I got into wet shaving quite by accident. I was looking through a flea market and saw some "old razors". I thought they looked kinda cool, and at a buck apiece, I couldn't go wrong. (Schick Krona and 40's Superspeed) I got some new blades at Walgreens. (They still make them?) and went at it. Still using leftover canned foam, I learned by trial and error ... and youtube videos. Despite lots of nicks, cuts, and weepers, I was hooked. This was the way to start the day! I soon found there was a whole community of shaving enthusiasts! (This is a thing?) And with everyone's generous, kind, and unjudgemental help on this (and other) forums, I learned technique, history, more details about razors, soaps, and brushes than I ever thought exsited.

I have only ever used one "puck" style soap. Van Der Hagen from Walmart. It was too hard and didn't last very long.
    I then switched to tube Cremo which was much better, but I think I used too much at once and the tube didn't last long either.
    I am now scraping the bottom of a tub of Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood. (Love that scent!) I have learned that a little goes a long way, but I still burn through it pretty quickly.

That is my experience with shaving soaps, I would love to try a glycerine-based soap to see how that goes. I thank you for the opportunity!

20. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Great PIF! Not in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.