Some help to locate a Dopp Kit

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Streambrewer, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Streambrewer

Streambrewer Active Member

Gents,

This is my personal Dopp kit, and I am having trouble finding another like it. My father had one similar to this in design, color, materials, the monogram. I would like to find a similar design with monogramming for my son and nephew, about to be teenagers.

Orvis used to make this design, but apparently not any more. It is unfortunate because I very much like this design. I have had several others, but those were never close to measuring up to this one. I have been searching all over, major retailers, Etsy, etc as well.

My own is over 25 years old, has been to 49 states (someday, Maine!), 15 countries, and two years of war. It seems to be holding up well despite being dragged all over creation, spilled in a number of times, smashed, etc.

Does anyone know a good source for this type?

Thanks!

Matt

1-IMG_2800-001.JPG

2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Fossil makes/or made a shave bag similar to that. You would need to add the monogrammed plate, but most jewelers will make those for you.

3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

How about this one........ http://www.ebay.com/itm/Orvis-Baten...935504?hash=item3ada802990:g:zGcAAOSwWxNYpejE

Streambrewer likes this.
  4. Streambrewer

Streambrewer Active Member

5. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Streambrewer likes this.
  6. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Streambrewer likes this.