Sooooo how bout that..

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Serumwriter, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Serumwriter

Serumwriter New Member

How bout that micro touch one? Seems to work fine. Probably not used by a shaving "enthusiast" though eh?

cubancigar2000 likes this.
  2. Razor Blade 79

Razor Blade 79 Well-Known Member

With proper technique any razor can work beautifully. It's your shave so if you enjoy it then that's great. I've read the MTO isn't a bad razor at all, I'd recommend you try other blades than the ones that come with it though. Go to tryablade.com, awesome site to try new blades.

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

First. Welcome to TSD! Sign up for the Newbie Give-Away HERE the MTO works fine, it's a good starter razor, or maybe a travel razor.

4. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

That commerical is what re-sparked my interest into traditional wet shaving. I started to do research first on the MTO and then the bunny trail it lead me on. I recently ordered my first set up this week and while waiting for delivery I am still reading/learning, watching videos etc to prepare. So although I didn't order the MTO it was a gateway that has lead me here and what I presume will be a new hobby.

5. VedderLG

VedderLG Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Den!

6. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

A gateway razor but that's cool, they'll work. It'll only help with the cause. I'm an enthusiast about that.

Welcome to The Den.

GDCarrington likes this.
  7. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

Was my first DE razor. Still have it. Probably gonna gift it to a friend soon.

8. Tattoobob

Tattoobob Well-Known Member

welcome abroad, enjoy your shave.

9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Welcome aboard.

10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    welcome3.jpg
    I have one. The MTO is a good starter razor, but there are much better. It is a little light for me. I prefer the vintage Gillettes and Schicks.

11. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Greetings. Welcome to the Shave Den. The friendly Shave Forum. Enjoy the ride! :happy088:

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

If you like it, it is a good deal! Just follow your heart and enjoy the ride

13. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD "Serumwriter"

The MTO is basically a Weishi, an inexpensive Chinese made copy of a Gillette SuperSpeed. As such depending on how well made the particular one you get is, it should shave similarly. The real difference between it and a genuine Gillette will be in longevity IMO. If you get good shaves( and there's no reason you won't) from a MTO, more power to you. An expensive razor doesn't automatically mean a better shave, rather it's the relationship between the safety razor, blade, your technique and your face that determines the quality of your shave IMO. For instance I don't get particularly good shaves from either TTO's or injectors, my BEST shaves come from certain SE's and 2&3 piece razors(excepting Slants).

GDCarrington and maltedmilk like this.
  14. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

That's why they make chevys, Fords, Buicks, Toyotas etc. We all want something different. I am just glad we have the freedom to do so

178-bplatoon likes this.
  15. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    :signs011:

When I started wet shaving, I couldn't really believe all the hoopla over the mix-n-matching of razors and baldes. "C'mon!" I thought, "can it really make that big a difference?" The answer is "Yes. Yes, it can." Regretfully, a blade not suited to your face can make it more difficult for a beginner to learn good technique, blaming himself for poor blade performance.
    <sigh>
    So what do you do? ... —> Make sure you try a few of the blades generally liked by a lot of people. I won't start another "which blade is best" thread, but you can use the search box to get started. OR... you could refer to this non-scientific, one-time, histogram snapshot >here<.

Welcome and good luck! ... and enjoy the journey! :happy069:

youngunn and 178-bplatoon like this.
  16. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

17. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

18. Bowler Mike

Bowler Mike Well-Known Member

Welcome to the den.

I started with the MTO this past July it's good razor it really spurred my interest in wet shaving. From what I read people joke about it because of the Pawn Star guy and the "seen on TV" stuff is considered low quality by many. But from a shaving point of view it's a good but very mild razor. As far as quality goes you can spend $70 on a Weber stainless steel razor and hope you get one the blade edge will lay flat it in. I've read they have some real quality issues with there PH razors.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  19. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Welcome to the Den.

We know you'll fit right in.

So grab yourself a comfy chair,

and give our threads a spin!

Burma Shave

youngunn and 178-bplatoon like this.
  20. Serumwriter

Serumwriter New Member

Wait are your blades supposed to lay flat in safetys? Wen u close them? Or are they supposed to bend at the center a little