SoS: August 21, 2017 - August 27, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Yehuda D, Aug 20, 2017.

1. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

RAZOR: Remei DE - Chinese copy of a Gillette Tech
    BLADE: Dorco Platinum ST300 - this blade has at least 6 shaves on it. I will retire it after today's shave.
    PREP: hot water wash and rinse
    CREAM: Pacific Shaving Co. CAFFEINATED Shaving cream - this is a VERY COOLING cream, with a spearmint scent.
    BOWL: Vintage plastic cereal bowl :)
    BRUSH: SheaMoisture Badger Shave Brush
    POST SHAVE: hot water rinse
    AFTER SHAVE: Flag and Sail Brisk- this Skin Bracer clone has more menthol punch and a masculine scent - less sweet than SB to my nose.
    AFTER SHAVE BALM: All About Men Hydrating After Shave Lotion - nice pine tree scent.
    Remei_PacificShave Cream.jpg
    Got a good shave from this razor, but was definitely nursing the blade. 4+ pass with touch ups to get BBS. No knicks, cuts, or razor burn.
    First use of the Pacific Shaving Co. cream. Good, easy to build rich lather, with good cushion. Less slickness than expected - but adequate.
    POW! This cream really has a cooling menthol feel - much more so than C.O. Bigelow. Spearmint scent reminded me of chewing gum, but not offensive.
    I really enjoyed the frigid feel on my face - brought out even more with the Flag and Sail Brisk after shave. NICE!

2. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

08/27/2017
    Jamie's Sunday Night Shave..
    I was in the mood for a cold shave..
    1. Stirling barbershop pre shave oil
    2. Rod George Custom Synthetic Brush
    3. Stirling Glacial Wintergreen soap
    4. GEM open comb micro-matic
    5. new PAL carbon blade
    6. Stirling Wintergreen witch hazel & aloe
    7. FLOID vigaroso aftershave
    8. Stirling glacial unscented balm

[​IMG]

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

As I stated in an earlier post, I'm most curious as to how that Avon works, given its slanty slopy shape.

Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  4. jbo667

jbo667 Well-Known Member

Have you paired the after balm with it? I rarely use the cream, as my wife stole it, but I use the balm from time to time. It's clean and refreshing!

5. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Thanks Jim. Today was the first time using the V2 version of the CORE and just a tad better shave than the V1 that I had. Didn't have to go back and do the touchup under the chin and upper lip like I had with the V1. Either version is quite good and in MHO worth the money they are asking for the razor.

6. jbo667

jbo667 Well-Known Member

Turned out pretty dang wonderful... 2 pass BBS (with a little buffing) and no irritation. [​IMG]