SoS: August 28, 2017 - September 3, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Yehuda D, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

IMG_0644.JPG

SEptember 3 SOTD:

Stirling Synthetic Brush
    Route 66 Sweeney Todd
    Gem Junior Bar
    Stirling Unscented PSB
    Florida Water AS

2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Same to you Jeff. :happy088:

3. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Excellent setup and photo with a great effect. Have a good Sunday Jim. :happy088:

Robyflexx and clint64 like this.
  4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

SEptember 3, 2017
    Cobra Classic
    Schick Proline
    BSB-2 with Vie Long 2 Band Fan
    Reef Point Tranquility
    Fine Lavender

[​IMG]

5. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:happy096:

ram57 and Robyflexx like this.
  6. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thanks my friend. No golf for me today - looks like we're getting a ton of rain! :(

ram57, clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  7. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Same here Jeff. We have a tournament tomorrow and the weather looks good.

8. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Sun. 9/3/17
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Marvelous shave with the Gillette Sensor 5 this morning. Three passes for a dolphin smooth and refreshing finish. Enjoy your day friends. :)

9. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Jim, very :signs021:

clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  10. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Excellent photo with a neat effect Roby. Enjoy your day.

clint64 likes this.
  11. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

GoArt_20170902_214907_4744674545342320655.jpg
    Superb Sunday
    DdT was amazing as usual, this lather is something else! Very smooth and easy despite nicking my mole again. The matching toner is top notch as well. I applied the PSO over damp skin, and that seems to make a difference.
    Prep: Van Yulay PSO
    Soap: Sudsy Soapery Delor de Treget
    Brush: Wild West Go Green
    Razor: Rockwell 6s R6
    Blade: Personna Lab Blue
    AS: Chatillon Lux Delor de Treget

12. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:signs021: photograph. :happy088::happy088:

ram57, clint64 and Tdmsu like this.
  13. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Sunday

Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath Soap-Scots Pine Sheep
    Soap: Route 66 Sweeney Todd
    Razor: Gillette “Black Beauty” Super Adjustable
    Blade: Vintage Gillette Platinum Plus (Shave #1)
    Brush: Thater Silvertip-26mmx55mm
    Aftershave: Bulgari Man in Black EdT

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Route 66 Sweeney Todd today. 20 seconds to load the Thater Silvertip brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. I loaded a new Vintage Gillette Platinum Plus in the Gillette Black Beauty. Excellent smooth, close shave. I finished with Bulgari Man in Black EdT.

Bob

[​IMG]

14. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Excellent picture with a beautiful razor Bob.

ram57, clint64, Bobcat and 1 other person like this.
  15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

SOTD: Vintage Fenney 'Tally Ho' 7/8" sq. pt. with new scales; Mitchell's Wool Fat, TGN 24mm synthetic set in olive wood, Fine 'Platinum' aftershave. Silky feel to the edge of this old razor. Fine shave. Have a blessed Sunday, gents!

[​IMG]

16. Shave Monkey

Shave Monkey Well-Known Member

Sunday 9/3/17

Homemade preshave oil
    RazoRock 400 brush
    Tabac soap
    RazoRock Stealth Slant Slant razor
    Astra SP blade
    Tabac aftershave
    Barbers Choice Unscented balm

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

L&L Grooming - Darkfall 2016
    Kent V8 w/vintage badger knot
    Gem Heavy Flat Top | Gem PTFE
    L&LGrooming - Darkfall EdP (tester)

[​IMG]

Darkfall was my first L&L soaps, and since then I've yet to find a fragrance that quite pulls off what this one does. While the soap and splash do a remarkable job imparting the essence of being deep in a Southern forest in the midst of Fall, the EdP is the full realization of this well-rounded fragrance. This is literally right up my alley, and living deep in the East Texas woods, I can attest to its accuracy. The ancient thick spongy substrate from hundreds of years of fallen oak leaves exudes a very different aroma when the temperature drops below 50°F. Add to that moisture and moss, and you have me at home. While neighbors are few and far between around here, everyone has a fireplace or wood stove. Given our scorching Summers, we're ready for the first cold snap and often fire up the stoves a little early just so we don't miss the opportunity. Along with the crisp fresh air, the result is a natural accord that's difficult to replicate, but Darkfall pulls it off magnificently. More importantly, this EdP is so masterfully done that it makes that Southern Fall forest wearable.

Darkfall opens with a dark and smoky resinous oud (agarwood) sharpened by cinnamon and clove. I tolerate cinnamon and clove in small doses. I don't detect the cinnamon and clove so much in the soap or splash, but the EdP is more rounded out in that they're truly realized without being overt. The cinnamon and clove essence gives a crisp sense of cold air. This dance between smoky resin balanced by crisp spicy notes gives way after a couple of hours to reveal a heavenly aged oak and amber which sustains for several more hours, never abandoning the spicy and resinous nature of the fragrance. The smoke also persists but in a gentle, understated nature. Darkfall quite simply is one of the best Fall and Winter fragrances I've every experienced, and the EdP has proven to be the full realization of this heavenly fragrance.

I was honored that Scott asked me to test this, his first EdP. He knew I was already a huge fan of his Darkfall soap and splash. While I find no fault with this current iteration, I am admittedly a big fan of smoky fragrances (for comparison, this doesn't even come close to approaching the smokiness of T+S's Morocco). It's my understanding Scott is considering decreasing the birch tar as to lessen the initial smoky opening. So, full disclosure, I didn't pay a dime for the EdP, but I will be purchasing the retail EdP along with a 2017 set of soap and splash when they become available September 19, because I never want to run out of this one.

18. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I really like the sound of that. Sounds like it would pair well with my fall favorite Wild Woods.

19. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

•Canada Tech
    •Rexall carbon
    •Barbasol

Haven't shaved yet but I know it'll be good.

20. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

First shave with Maggard Slant was not a stand out on the beard but terrific on the head shave, one of my better first passes and an easy two pass BBS. [​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk