SoS: August 28, 2017 - September 3, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Yehuda D, Aug 27, 2017.

1. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

I think it is just the lighting in this photo Doug and the black background that makes it appears darker. As for this new formula from Grooming Dept. well it is fantastic. I thought his first batch was very good but this new formula loads up a little faster(though I had not issues with the first batch) excellent razor glide, and fantastic post shave feel. Feels like a slick aftershave balm when you rinse off. Have tried Voyage one of his new vegan and his Aether which is his first Tallow which he used Duck fat and that was just a little slicker than the Voyage. His scents are complex, he uses only essential oils and some unique ones at that. Right now I would say this is my favorite artisan soap maker. Have 4 soaps from his original formula and 3 from the new and all are wonderful performers and only one is just ok scent wise for me.

Douglas Carey, mrchick and RyX like this.
  2. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

08/31/17 Shave of the Day – Vacationing at Jackson Hole and the Grand Tetons
    Palmolive for Men Classic Shaving Soap Stick
    RazoRock 400 Butterscotch 24 x 57mm Synthetic Noir Plissoft Brush
    Better Homes & Garden Bazar Bowl
    Ming Shi Shaver 2000S Razor
    Astra Green Superior Platinum Blade - 4th Shave
    RazoRock Alum Stick
    Clubman Pinaud After Shave Lotion

D170831 IMG_6825.jpg

3. Smooth Steve

09/01/17 Shave of the Day – Vacationing at Cody Wyoming and Devil’s Tower
    Proraso Green Shaving Soap
    RazoRock 400 Butterscotch 24 x 57mm Synthetic Noir Plissoft Brush
    Better Homes & Garden Bazar Bowl
    Astra Green Superior Platinum Blade - 5th Shave
    RazoRock Alum Stick
    Clubman Pinaud After Shave Lotion

D170901 IMG_6852.jpg

4. Smooth Steve

09/03/17 Shave of the Day
    Face Wash Detroit Grooming Ludington Glycerin Sandalwood Bar Soap
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tombstone Artisan Shaving Soap
    RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic 26mm Brush
    Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
    Astra Green Superior Platinum Blade - 6th Shave
    RazoRock Alum Stick
    Homemade Mandarin Generic Distilled Witch Hazel
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tombstone Cologne/Aftershave
    NIVEA Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm

IMG_6880.jpg

5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

SOTD - late post 2 September 2017

IMG_1434.JPG

Veg.....

Have a nice evening!
    :)

6. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

7. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

After a disastrous shave last evening spent ignoring basic technique, tonight was simply wonderful. Through a new Ted Pella in my MMOC, brush lathered my Barbasol (yup, that's one constant in my shaves), and focused on our tried and true technique principles and voila...a great feeling and totally smooth shave. And I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great shaving...both in quality and satisfaction! Even my beloved Florida Water, followed after a bit by my Veg forgave me! Happy shaving!

PLAla, Douglas Carey, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  8. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Smells like the Drug Store SEptember!!!!

September 3

Before I get into the shave - Just a couple more days before the Solar Eclipse Raffle drawing. This is another TSD raffle to support this great forum! Lots of great stuff to win again including some very fine Russian blades! Support your forum and feed your AD's at the same time.

CHECK IT OUT!!!!!

Razor - Fatip Piccolo
    Blade - [​IMG] (3)
    Soap - Soap Commander Courage
    Brush - WCS Synthetic
    ASOD - The Mighty, Mighty Veg!!

Final quick shave as tomorrow ends the Sale. It's also ends my 7 day stretch so I can have Tuesday off. I'll be using a single edge of some type tomorrow night to get the month going the right way! I'll also be able to catch up a bit better and have some fun!!

For tonight, the third shave with the Fatip/Sharp Star combo was the perfect finish. Just the slightest irritation and a near-BBS finish on two passes and a bit of touch up. No complaints at all. In the morning - the VEG to boost my sales for the day as it has always seemed to be a draw for buyers.

For those with plans for tomorrow's holiday I hope you have a great day! Enjoy your families and have some fun!

[​IMG]