SoS: July 21, 2014 - July 27, 2014 "Remember When…? Week"

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Jul 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Summer's in full swing, lots of sun and hot weather so here's my plan for tomorrow.

Menthol Monday:

Gatsby Ice Cooling Gel Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/new Rapira
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    444 AS Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Chabrawichi 555 Cologne

This set-up is not for anyone who's not able to tolerate intense menthol because even the Gatsby facial wash is really cold. However, it leaves the skin well-moisturized and very clean. The Glacial Obsidian soap makes your eyes tear and your nose run because the menthol fumes are so powerful, and the lather is rich, slick, and a pleasure to work with. The freezing effect is as cold as ice and the skincare is terrific. The 444 balm combined with the Rubby Dubby Doo are a great finish. ;) :D

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Planned Shave 21 July 2014

[​IMG]

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Planned Shave 21 July 2014

[​IMG]

4. theunnamed

theunnamed Well-Known Member

5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod140721.jpg
    [​IMG]
    @CyanideMetal says "Rub the puck on your face." That is what I do with Col. Conk Amber.

Noxzema Classic Clean
    Col. Conk Amber Shave Soap
    Frank Shaving Finest Badger
    MicroTouch One
    Astra Superior Platinum
    CWR
    Thayers Cucumber WH
    Mennen SB AS

I rubbed the soap on my face and face-lathered with the Frank Shaving finest badger brush. Two passes with the MicroTouch One and Astra SP blade left me with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayers Cucumber WH and Mennen Skin Bracer after shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  6. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

Shave of the day

Pre:
    -Hot towel
    -Noxzema
    Shave:
    -C.O. Bigelow Barber Shave Cream
    -Edwin Jagger DE89 loaded with a new Astra Superior Platinum blade
    -Alum Block
    -Another cold water splash
    -50/50 mix of skin bracer and Osage rub
    -Clubman talc

Wow! What a bbs shave today! I used up the last of the c.o. bigelow cream and forgot how well it performs for me. I'd like to try the full line of Proraso green. The mix of skin bracer and osage rub followed by talc leaves your skin soft as silk.

7. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

JUL 21 - 28 Remember When…? Week – items you first used, or remember your Dad or Grandpa using

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    Queen of Blades and PatrickA51 like this.
  8. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

Planned Shave for 7/21/2014 Remember When....? Week/ Menthol Monday!!!!!

Prep: Hot shower with L'Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash, home made PSO
    Razor: Merkur 37C, Dorko Shavette
    Blade: Astra SP (1)
    Brush: VDH Boar
    Soap: VDH Deluxe with several drops of TSD MBomb Menthol Additive
    After: Home made ASB, Aqua Velva Musk after shave
    Cologne: Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille

I started out in wet shaving with a Magic brand shavette, a Merkur 37C safety razor and the VDH basic kit with the basic boar brush and green/black bowl. It will be interesting to use a shavette again after such a long hiatus. I will have to go extra slow or there may be facial carnage. :shocked003::shocked003:

Have a Blessed Day!!

IMG_20140720_102437.jpg

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  9. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

Planned Shave for 7/21/2014 Remember When....? Week/ Menthol Monday!!!!!

Prep: Hot shower with L'Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash, home made PSO
    Razor: Merkur 37C, Dorko Shavette
    Blade: Astra SP (1)
    Brush: VDH Boar
    Soap: VDH Deluxe with several drops of TSD MBomb Menthol Additive
    After: Home made ASB, Aqua Velva Musk after shave
    Cologne: Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille

I started out in wet shaving with a Magic brand shavette, a Merkur 37C safety razor and the VDH basic kit with the basic boar brush and green/black bowl. It will be interesting to use a shavette again after such a long hiatus. I will have to go extra slow or there may be facial carnage.

Have a Blessed Day!!
    IMG_20140720_102437.jpg

10. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Planned Shave for Monday Morning 21Jul2014
    • Shower & Pre-Shave:
    Neutrogena Men Invigorating Face Wash
    Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo - Extra Strength
    Burt's Bee's Soap
    Pacific Shaving Co. All Natural Shaving Oil
    Wet Face Towel Soaked in "Ice Cold Water"

• Deodorants :
    Mennen Speed Stick
    • Razor & Razor Blades :
    Weber 3pc. S/S Polished Head 85mm Classic Handle
    Wilkinson Sword DE Blades

• Shaving Mug & Shaving Soap & Brush:
    Arletta's Mug I (Daughter's White Coffee Mug )
    Van Der-Williams Shave Soap aka Patrick's Blend

"Old Corps"& "Oscar 11" Custom 28/65mm TGN Finest Badger F-2 Knot Resin Handle Brush

• After Shave Balm:
    Afta After Shave Skin Conditioner
    RazoRock Ultimate Aftershave

• After Shave:
    Mennen Skin Bracer
    ==============================================================================================================================================
    Being as this week is the "Remember When Theme Week" I will start it using my Mennen After Shave , Then maybe switch to Brut A/S, Old Spice and Aqua Velva. When I first started shaving I used Mennen Skin Bracer. What I could get from my Dad.I got it from his shaving kit out of his seabag, He was home on leave. I think it was 1966 or 1967.
    He retired soon after that
    I going to use the WTG-XTG-ATG method as usual. I had no "Nick's or Weeper's" on Saturday Morning,or Sunday Morning, so why change a good thing. I did not feel any l "Razor Burn" I am still using a "Wilkinson Sword DE Blade", So I will use the "Alum" and the "Afta After Shave Skin Conditioner" Other wise I had a "Rudy Castiel Clean Shave! DFS shave!
    On Saturday and Sunday mornings I did three passes, and I would say they were a DFS, .

[​IMG]
    Left to Right Back; Mennen Skin Bracer; Arletta II Mug:Mug Loaded with Van Der- Williams Shaving Soap, Weber 3Pc. 85mm W/Classic Handle
    Left to Right Front; Pacific Shaving Co. All Natural Shaving Oil, "Old Corps"& "Oscar 11" Custom 28/65mm TGN Finest Badger F-2 Knot Resin Handle Brush, Wilkinson DE Blades, Afta After Shave Skin Conditioner, RazoRock Ultimate Aftershave

11. Jamie Mahoney

Jamie Mahoney Well-Known Member

Filarmonica 14 Especial 8/8
    Kanayama codovan #8000
    Bill Jack Le Tuft custom Blue 8
    L'Occitane Cade soap
    Alum & Witch Hazel
    TFS Bergamot & Neroli balm
    L'Occitane Universelle Fresh Cologne.

[​IMG]

12. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Planned Shave for Monday Morning 21Jul2014
    • Shower & Pre-Shave:
    Neutrogena Men Invigorating Face Wash
    Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo - Extra Strength
    Burt's Bee's Soap
    Pacific Shaving Co. All Natural Shaving Oil
    Wet Face Towel Soaked in "Ice Cold Water"

• Deodorants :
    Mennen Speed Stick
    • Razor & Razor Blades :
    Weber 3pc. S/S Polished Head 85mm Classic Handle
    Wilkinson Sword DE Blades

• Shaving Mug & Shaving Soap & Brush:
    Arletta's Mug I (Daughter's White Coffee Mug )
    Van Der-Williams Shave Soap aka Patrick's Blend

"Old Corps"& "Oscar 11" Custom 28/65mm TGN Finest Badger F-2 Knot Resin Handle Brush

• After Shave Balm:
    Afta After Shave Skin Conditioner
    RazoRock Ultimate Aftershave

• After Shave:
    Mennen Skin Bracer

==============================================================================================================================================
    Being as this week is the "Remember When Theme Week" I will start it using my Mennen After Shave , Then maybe switch to Brut A/S, Old Spice and Aqua Velva. When I first started shaving I used Mennen Skin Bracer. What I could get from my Dad.I got it from his shaving kit out of his seabag, He was home on leave.He retired soon after that I think it was 1966 or 1967.
    I going to use the WTG-XTG-ATG method as usual. I had no "Nick's or Weeper's" on Saturday Morning,or Sunday Morning, so why change a good thing. I did not feel any l "Razor Burn" I am still using a "Wilkinson Sword DE Blade", So I will use the "Alum" and the "Afta After Shave Skin Conditioner" Other wise I had a "Rudy Castiel Clean Shave! DFS shave!
    On Saturday and Sunday mornings I did three passes, and I would say they were a DFS, . Update: I did get a BBS Shave This Morning.

[​IMG]
    Left to Right Back; Mennen Skin Bracer; Arletta II Mug:Mug Loaded with Van Der- Williams Shaving Soap, Weber 3Pc. 85mm W/Classic Handle
    Left to Right Front; Pacific Shaving Co. All Natural Shaving Oil, "Old Corps"& "Oscar 11" Custom 28/65mm TGN Finest Badger F-2 Knot Resin Handle Brush, Wilkinson DE Blades, Afta After Shave Skin Conditioner, RazoRock Ultimate Aftershave

13. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

Astonishing razor!

vwp528, Jayaruh, ram57 and 6 others like this.
  14. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

[​IMG]
    Monday Morning Shave
    Razor:
    Edwin Jagger DE8911
    Blade: Gillette Goal Stainless (4)
    Brush: Isana Men Pure Badger
    Soap: Arko with 1 drop of Mint and 3 drops of Eucalyptus Oil.

What a cool and relaxing shave it was with a BBS result! Gillette is still sharp but this time it was a bit angry; two weepers around my chin.
    Have a good week everyone!

15. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

today's shave
    hot water wash with nivea men's
    vdh badger brush
    c.o.bigelow
    Gillette slim(I1)
    persona lab(1)
    aqua velva ice blue
    today shave, rememberwhen on menthol Monday. I had a nice shave, grampas slim, with menthol,I remember them using menthol barbasol(lime too). I used the bigelow, and got a dfs+. I finished with aqua velva ice blue.
    y'all have a good Monday 20140721_063835.jpg
    I guess I missed a spot, so make that a dfs-

16. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

Gillette New LC
    Voskhod (d1)
    Ingram/TSD Old Spice
    Vulfix 2235
    Osage/Old Spice

17. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Menthol Monday:

Prep: Hot shower, Neutrogena Deep Cleaning Gentle Scrub, TSD Jasmine Sambac Preshave balm
    Brush: Simpson 56 Best Badger
    Soap: Ginger's Garden Grass Stain Menthol Snow
    Razor: FaTip Piccolo
    Blade: Asco (3)
    Passes: WTG, XTG (5, 6)
    Post: Cold water splash, Bloc Osma alum, Dickinson's WH, Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS splash
    Cologne: Xeryus by Givenchy

Given yesterday's rough-feeling shave, I spent extra time on prep this morning, so I wouldn't short-change this blade. It didn't help. While it worked well for me in the milder 41c, the Asco does not seem to have good longevity in the more aggressive FaTip with my skin and set-up. SAS results in two passes, and my face feels a bit like I rubbed it with fine grain sandpaper. I'll be moving on to another blade tomorrow.

18. Llyr

Llyr Stay frosty, my friends!

Menthol Monday
    warm shower
    Semogue 620
    Proraso PSC :love055::love055: :smiley freezing::smiley freezing:
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian :love055::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    iKon Slant/Super-Max Sunrise (1)
    cold water rinse
    Monster Block Alum
    cold water rinse
    Stirling Black Ice WH :love055::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Fine Snake Bite mixed with a pea sized amount of 444:love055::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin edt

Nothing like a nice and frosty shave to start off the week!!

Stay frosty,my friends! :cool:

19. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

6/8 Wacker Inox
    DRH Windsor
    "Brutus" homemade boar with too short of loft
    This brush was lofted beyond reason when I made it, too short for a boar. It's breaking in nicely and regardless I like it. Soft and scrubby. I treat it like a rented government mule. Nice shave this morning. Have a good one.
    [​IMG]

20. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Monday:
    hot shower w/A La Maison de Provence Rosemary Mint bar soap
    Somersets Extra Sensitive PSO
    Gillette Fat Handle Tech 2 passes
    Feather (3)
    VDH boar
    C O Bigelow cream in a warm bowl
    Thayers unscented w/aloe
    Old Spice AS

Surprisingly close 2 pass shave this morning from the mild Fat Handle. I need to check my journal and see if I've ever used a Feather in this razor before.

I suppose it's fitting for "Remember When" week since Feather is the blade I started with when I switched from cartridge shaving to traditional wet shaving.

The VDH boar is also my first brush and the Old Spice hearkens back to when I had a plastic pretend shaving kit (just like dad's) and Dad always had Old Spice in the medicine cabinet as his aftershave of choice (right next to the tube of Brylcream).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.