SoS: June 26, 2017 - July 2, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Yehuda D, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod170703.JPG
    Monday's Shave
    zcws.gif

Nivea Men Face Wash
    TABAC Shaving Cream
    Jayaruh #199
    Gillette 195
    Personna Super
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Aqua Velva Sensitive 5 in 1

The TABAC Shaving Cream face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #199 synthetic brush. I did the two passes with the Gillette 195 razor and Personna Super blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse and alum block, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Aqua Velva Sensitive 5 in 1 ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  2. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

That brush is hella cool.

George X, clint64, Jayaruh and 4 others like this.
  3. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Great looking handle - and brush. Heck, it all looks great! :happy088:

4. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Same SOTD but I've adopted a new technique with this Rockwell-6 plate/shimmed Permasharp combination which works spectacularly well. A somewhat mixed direction first pass with lather really does get me to DFS territory. Second pass and touch ups I do with my oil only, as using the oil on its own it's much easier to feel missed patches. And while I've never noticed my oil interfering with lather, this obviously becomes a non issue with this method. First use of the Permasharp I start with my beard, second use with my head. We'll see when I'm back in the US whether the Shake Sharp does as well with this method. Til then I'll be trying it with the various Pearl/SABI/R41 configurations.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  5. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Razor... schick injector
    Brush... simpsons chubby 2
    Soap... mystic water lavender lime
    Splash... thayers lavender
    Aftershave... AOS ocean kelp balm[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

George X, clint64, 120inna55 and 12 others like this.
  6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Awesome Sunday shave.
    1902 Kampfe
    PAL
    JR 176 /Omega boar
    Williams
    WH
    Pinaud Special Reserve

Attached Files:

George X, theFAT98, clint64 and 8 others like this.
  7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

July 2017 - Time to straighten up!

July 2

Razor - Kai Captain J Type (pain stick)
    Blade - [​IMG] (2)
    Soap - Fatbac
    Brush - 30 DC LE
    Post - Alum

Continuing with the Kai/Kai combo and I feel like a master tonight. That's probably a bad thing. I'll have to be extra careful tomorrow. The only trick to the shave tonight was the soap. Fatbac is a great product (MWF and Tabac mixed) but requires a bit of finesse to produce a slick enough lather to make the pain stick work its best. My first attempt was a bit too dry so I added water to the brush and did another face lather over the first one before trying to shave. That made it work. However, before the second pass I added even more water and really got the slickness quotient up. That made the pass as smooth as silk. I just have to remember that Fatbac is thirsty because MWF is thirsty. Not as thirsty as the pure product, but add water for success! DFS finish, no blood, and not even a hint of a problem.

[​IMG]

George X, theFAT98, clint64 and 10 others like this.
  8. Tim Spencer

I'm going to need to see more angles. Looks good so far. Leresche No.77, eh? The pictures on google look pretty cool.

9. Tim Spencer

Number Six has all the best brushes and Holy Rollah has the finest straight razor collection. Those are the most obvious things I've learned from this forum.

10. nikonNUT

nikonNUT Well-Known Member

More angles you say? Your wish is my command! :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

theFAT98, clint64, 120inna55 and 7 others like this.