SoS: June 4th, 2012 - June 10th, 2012

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Wednesday, June 6, 2012. Good Morning!

Morning Coffee: Dunkin Donuts
    Prep: Wash face with Musgo Real Glyce Lime
    Razor: Schick G1
    Blade: Schick
    Soap: GFT
    Brush: Semogue 1438
    Scuttle: Moss

Photo2386.jpg

Smoothy, lradke, madmedic and 17 others like this.
  2. wknicholas

wknicholas Well-Known Member

Wednesday morning, June 6, 2012

Gillette NEW long-comb w/ Personna Med Prep blade (3)
    Semogue 1250 boar bristle brush,
    MWF shaving soap w/ warm water lather,
    finish with cold water rinse for a DFS!

G NEW LC 3.JPG

PanChango, Smoothy, lradke and 19 others like this.
  3. ajdhn

ajdhn Well-Known Member

Wednesday
    Injector Week

Schick E2
    Schick blade
    Semogue 1438
    MWF
    Floid blue

3-wo.JPG

PanChango, Smoothy, lradke and 20 others like this.
  4. wlmcad

wlmcad cleaning TSD Route 5

Wednesday, June 06, 2012, Shaving Ritual

Razor: 69 Slimline Gillette Adjustable (set on 9)
    Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (2nd use)
    Brush: Whipped Dog Brush
    Cream: Homemade soap sample (mint)
    A/S: Alum Bar & Cold Water Rinse
    A/S: Aqua Velva Ice Blue

I got a DFS with a little razor burn, no weepers, or nicks, great blade I like the Personna blades I’ve tried so far. I am not fond of this soap sample; the lather starts to break down as soon as I set the bowl down. I considered PIF the sample but it was tiny to begin with and it is so bad I would not give this stuff to my worst enemy. I’m thinking it is a candidate for File 13…

69 Gold WD 01 Oil R.jpg

PanChango, Smoothy, lradke and 17 others like this.
  5. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

SOTD Wednesday 6-6-2012

Gillette Old Type Head/1904 Handle
    Wilkinson Stainless Blade
    Williams SS
    Barbershop Badger
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Nivea ASB
    Pinaud Clubman ASL

[​IMG]

PanChango, Azarius, Smoothy and 21 others like this.
  6. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

Injector week continues
    • Prep: hot shower and Nivea Pre Shave
    • Brush: Fuller/TGN
    • Soap/Cream: Irisch Moos
    • Razor:Schick Golden '500'
    • Blade: Chinese Schick
    • Results: 2 pass DFS
    My quick and dirty homage to gssixgun
    [​IMG]

PanChango, Smoothy, lradke and 19 others like this.
  7. Llyr

Llyr Stay frosty, my friends!

Soak Brush/Savile Row 3824/Heat Up DB Brush Scuttle
    Hot Shower
    Proraso PrePost cream
    La Toja shave stick (face lathered)
    Schick E2/Schick Blade (3)
    Cold Water Rinse
    Monster Block Alum (clean hardware and software,police area)
    Cold Water Rinse
    Thayer's Medicated Superhazel
    Veleiro splash mixed with a pea sized amount of 444

I'm getting better with using the E2,I got BBS from a 2 pass face and 1 pass headshave.I wouldn't say it was the smoothest shave I've had,but I have no irritation or razor burn.However the Alum did sting more than usual today.I will say these Schicks give a great headshave,I haven't had to touch-up the dome yet using any of my Schicks.

PanChango, Smoothy, lradke and 18 others like this.
  8. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Prep: Cold water rinse
    Lather: De Vergulde Hand "Extra fris" - face lather
    Brush: Muhle Black Fibre
    Razor: Sledgehammer Slant
    Blade: Rapira (2); 3 passes

Not my best lather today for some reason, but still achieved a DFS+. Somehow missed a small area on my cheek & under my chin ATG. Everything else is super smooth and soft to the touch. After a few non-tallow shaves in a row I'm curious to see how my face feels in comparison after a tallow shave. I'm loving my face feel currently from the veggies though, both La Famiglia and De Vergulde Hand perform splendidly.

[​IMG]

Smoothy, lradke, Llyr and 18 others like this.
  9. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

I like the look of that bowl. Something about the shape and the blue stripe.

Llyr, fishcrow, ajdhn and 1 other person like this.
  10. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

It is an excellent lather bowl. You'll notice that it tapers down at the bottom so that it holds the DVH puck securely while also fitting into the palm of your hand quite nicely. While it isn't important for me, the wider mouth is great at keeping lather in the bowl if you use a wetter brush approach to creating your lather.

Llyr, fishcrow, ajdhn and 1 other person like this.
  11. Ray Settanta

Ray Settanta Well-Known Member

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pre: MRGLO, Family Dollar Deep Cleansing Skin Cream
    Soap: D.R. Harris Arlington
    Brush: VDH Boar from kit
    Razor: Muhle R41 (2010 model)
    Blade: Super-Max Super Platinum
    A/S: Ogallala Bay Rum, Sage & Cedar

The 2010 R41 is a milder Open Comb compared to the current R41. It seems to be about as aggressive as my EJ DE89L. That is to say, not aggressive at all. It still gives me an almost BBS on the difficult beard areas and a BBS on the rest. The D.R. Harris Arlington always gives me great lather with every brush I have. If I did not like using different soaps and creams each day so much, I just might use it exclusively.

12. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Wednesday Morning
    Merkur 37C + Gillette 7 o'clock green
    Simpsons Berkeley
    RazoRock Nonno Michelino Soap
    Cold Water Rinse

Another fine shave this morning. Got hit in the head with a beach ball though and ended up nicking my neck a little, but that's just how life is here in the shacks LOL.

13. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Wednesday, June 6th

Pre-shave: Hot shower, hair conditioner
    Soap: TSD Coconut Lime Verbena (face lather)
    Brush: Made-Rite re-knotted 22mm UK Boar
    Razor: Schick I2 Hydro-Magic
    Blade: Schick (4)
    Post-shave: warm water rinse, cold water rinse, witch hazel
    A/S: Pinaud Citrus Musk
    Moisturizer: L'Oreal Men's Expert Vita Lift w/ SFP 15

IMAG0382.jpg

Another great shave with the I2. Ended up just shy of BBS for a DFS+. Have a great day everyone!

14. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Wednesday:

LC New
    Voskhod
    Omega Boar
    La Toja Stick
    Barbasol Pacific Rush Splash and Balm
    Jovan Musk After Shave/Cologne
    :drool::happy036:

15. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

FaTip Round Deux

Let me first preface this by saying that my morning shave was rushed...my company is exhibiting at the largest internet trade show, so time was something I had little of, but I felt I had to shave with the FaTip anyway.

Prep was typical. Let brush soak in ice water, washed my face with Noxzema lathering facial cleaner, and took a tepid shower that was more on the cold side.

Built my lather with 10 swirls of the VDH and two pumps of the KMF until it was about the consistent of Greek style yogurt, slapped that on my face, lit up a smoke and went into kitchen to pour another cup of coffee. By the time I returned to bathroom to begin shaving I felt the I had allowed the lather sufficient time to soften the whiskers, so let the shaving begin!

First pass was north to south on face and south to north on neck. After each stroke was a rinse in cold tap water, where I could see an incredible amount of beard reduction. The pass was very smooth, no tugging whatsoever, and really barely felt like I was shaving. I did a cold water rinse and inspected my face before lathering up for pass two. Almost a DFS from first pass. Most men could probably do one pass with this razor, feel that there shave was presentable enough and call it a day.

The second pass went from sideburn area to beard in a southeast/southwest direction on on the face and neck, with a few added j-hooks on the neck. Same as above, I rinse razor in cold water after each stroke and would see visible stubble in the lather as it came off the head of the razor. Cold water rinse, inspected face and felt for areas that needed touch ups.

My face was damn near BBS after the second pass except for three small areas that required minor touch up and buffing. These areas are my trouble spots no matter which razor I use; area directly below the bottom of my beard, one small patch below jawline on left side of face, and almost a mirror affect on the right side, just slightly lower. I lathered just my neck area, did buffing in those spots that required, and a light pass for the rest. Rinsed face in cold water, applied alum, waited for burn and had zero....that is always a good sign.

My cat Stewie was begging for attention so I probably left the alum on for a good 3 minutes, as he would not stop biting at my hand every time I stopped rubbing his belly, Finally I had to pick him up and kick him out of the bathroom so I could finish. Another cold water rinse, gently patted my face dry, and a good splash of the Cool Wave AS....no burn, another good sign.

Inspected face with glasses on....damn, I'm smooth. My face looked and felt fantastic. No weeper, no nicks, no raspberries, none of the horror stories that I have heard about.

This round with the FaTip went MUCH better than the first and I would say it had to do with one thing, blade selection. On the first FaTip I purchased, I used the Astra SP that was shipped with the razor. Although others seem to have some success with them, I rarely do. I should have known to try out one of my go to blades in the FaTip Piccolo before selling her off, but nooooooo, I allowed SERAD to over take my reasoning, and sell off a perfectly great razor.

The verdict? I LOVE this razor. Definitely in my top three choices of DE's. I cannot wait to use her again tomorrow.

16. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Hmm. Here in The Netherlands we have GFT as well, but here it stands for Groente, Fruit en Tuinafval (Greens, Fruit and Garden refuse), which is picked up separated of the other refuge. You wouldn't want to shave with that! :p

I'd go straight for yours! Hope it smells way better too! :D

Ah, languages... :)

SharpSpine, Smoothy, lradke and 5 others like this.
  17. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Wednesday!
    Prep: hot washing cloth, rice bran oil marinade while lathering up
    Music: Bobby McFerrin & Yoyo Ma, Hush
    Brush: DVH boar
    Soap: DVH
    Razor: Schick G1
    Blade: Personna #3
    Shave: 3-pass + touch-up

DFS+ :)

SoS 2012-06-06.jpg

18. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Hump Day!

Cool Shower
    Green Marvy Mug
    Omega Pro Boar
    TSD Angel Type Wheat SC
    Lady Eversharp - White
    Schick (4)
    Cold Water Rinse
    TSD Angel Type ASM
    TSD Angel Type Cologne

:angelic007: Some days it stays in place ... others not so much. ;)

19. burpsan

burpsan Well-Known Member

Wednesday

Warm shower
    Omega Professional boar (chrome)
    L'Occitane Cade SS
    Merkur 23c w/ Kai Stainless (6)
    Dickisons Witch Hazel
    New Lubriderm Men's 3 in 1 Fragrance Free
    Master Bay Rum AS

BBS- by means of atg, xtg, atg, touch-ups. Warm water between passes, cold water after witch hazel.

Overslept my alarm a little and decided to make the most of it ... with a little pre-weekend luxury (Cade SS). The scent of the soap lingers ... so ... Masters Bay Rum AS was applied more out of habit ... Cade and bay rum aren't compliments in my book. Loving the Kai in the 23c. Ran out of Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, so 'cleansed" my face with witch hazel. First use of Lubriderm Men's 3 in 1 -- initial impressions are: lighter than the Nevia, but 3 hours later ... still doing a fine job.

20. BassTone

BassTone Well-Known Member

Wednesday June 6, 2012

Brush
    : Semogue 830 banded boar
    Razor: E.J. DE89L
    Blade: Kroger branded Personna stainless, 3
    Cream: C&O Bigelow (Proraso green, old formula - New formula on the way! This Bigelow tube is almost spent anyway)
    Toner: Thayer's Rose Petal witch hazel
    Finish: Gillette Cool Wave AS

Close, smooth and coooool! Happy Shaving! :shaver