SoS: May 22, 2017 - May 28, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, May 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Kickoff time for a new week!

Menthol Monday:

Gatsby Ice Cooling Gel Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
    Super Speed/new Gillette Wilkinson
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill S/S :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Unscented A/S Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Lemon Chill W/H :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    YSL Pour Homme EdT

This will be a farewell shave to my almost-empty Glacial Lemon Chill bowl because it's finally at the end. There's just enough soap left for this final outing and then.......away it goes. I think I'll soon have to buy some more of the Lemon Chill witch hazel because the bottle is more than half-finished. The Glacial Unscented balm is so awesome and frigid - you get a great menthol blast with perfect skincare, and you don't have to worry about it disrupting the scent of a cologne or eau de toilette! ;) :D

Wishing everyone a fantastic week! :)

DSC_1341_large.jpg Glacial_Lemon_Chill__58795_1434570594_800_800.jpg Lemon_Chill_WHA_100__82398_1454096322_800_800.jpg

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

My Monday Shave Plan is-same as that of Saturday. To review:

Prep-Dial 4 Men Bodywash(Ultra Clean)-in shower**
    Shave-Rte 66 Soap(Cavendish)
    Brush-WSP Pure Badger
    Razor-Gillette Sensor Deuce Pivot + DisposeABLE
    A.S.-Clubman Special Reserve

Well, not EXACTLY the same, but close.

Douglas Carey, Roderick, RyX and 22 others like this.
  3. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I have a large lilac bush in my yard that is in full bloom and the scent has inspired my plans for tomorrow's shower and shave.

002.JPG

I'll be using a bar of Arbor Street Soap Co's "Springing into Lilac" in the shower followed by some Pinaud Lilac Talc.

Then for the shave it will be Maggard Razor's Lilac shave soap and I'll finish with some Lilac WH and the Veg.

The two things I don't have are a lilac PSO and a lilac deodorant.

Oh, no clue yet what razor, brush, or blade I'll be using but I can worry about that in the morning.

Ya know, I could probably just splash a little of the Veg in the pits.... yeah, that oughta do the trick.

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod170522.JPG
    Monday's Shave
    zcws.gif

Nivea Men Face Wash
    VDH Deluxe Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #170 Synthetic
    Ming Shi Adjustable
    Rockwell Swedish Stainless
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

The VDH Deluxe Shaving Soap face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #170 Synthetic brush. I did two passes the Ming Shi Adjustable razor and Rockwell Swedish Stainless blade. It was my first full shave with the Ming Shi. I had always thought the Futur to be a large clunky razor. Maybe I still do, but I was pleased with the MS's performance. I ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse and alum block, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Lilac scents on me are no good but my wife has one perfume which is called Diorissimo which is sort of lilac-scented and on her it's awesome!

Douglas Carey, Tdmsu, dscaver and 4 others like this.
  6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Where, oh where, did you get the Lilac Talc????

Douglas Carey, RyX, mrchick and 5 others like this.
  7. John Beeman

I don't know.
    It must've just been someplace I walked into because I don't find it listed in any of my online purchases.

I looked through my postings in "The Haul" and apparently I didn't post it there either (which doesn't surprise me because if I posted everything I buy, you guys would think I'm nuts or something)

It's a huge container (12.5 oz) and it's about 3/4 full. Lightly scented and very nice.

I'm also not sure how old it is but the container is all metal and has no bar code symbol. If I see another one someday I'll grab it for you.

8. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Monday's Shave: It's a mystery to me. I keep a couple of large jars of Top notch performing straight razors, and I just grab one. So, I get a surprise each day, unless there are a few I recently honed, and have wanted to try out.
    :cool:

Douglas Carey, Roderick, RyX and 13 others like this.
  9. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Found one on Ebay for $15 + $8.65 S&H Kind of pricey...

10. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Menthol Monday SOTD

[​IMG]

Razor: King Cobra\Triad
    Blade: Schick Proline (D2)
    Brush: Zen Shave two band 24mm
    Bowl: TDG4 5½” Cypress Sinker Log
    Pre-Shave Scrub: Lisa's Sunny Citrus
    Pre-Shave Oil: Homemade Lemon Lime Chill
    Shave Soap: Viking Soaps Citron
    Aftershave: Pereja Limon

11. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

12. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Barrister and Mann Reserve Spice soap and Aftershave, Wolf Whiskers handle with amack game changer brush, 1946-50 Gillette fat handle tech re-worked by Delta echo razors in their "ink edition" colorway, Gillette silver blue razor blade.

IMG_20170521_214132.jpg

13. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Razor - Stirling Soap's Slant
    Blade - Derby - Extra "Super Stainless"
    Shave Brush - Wood Razor's TruStone Turquoise (with 24mm Synthetic Nylon Knot by The Golden Nib)
    Aftershave - Echt Kölnisch Wasser "4711"(originally by Muelhens)
    Brush/Razor Stand by Marconi Shaving
    Shave Soap - Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements "11235"
    Scuttle by Karen's Pottery
    Aftershave - Echt Kölnisch Wasser "4711"
    Deodorant - Tom Ford "Neroli Portofino"
    Fragrance - Echt Kölnisch Wasser "4711" Eau de Cologne (originally by Muelhens)

I'll do my semi-regular 4711 Monday Morning shave with the hot soothing lather and that Neroli & Citrus scent. It's a great way to start off the week smelling and feeling fresh like a new start. The scuttle experience so far has got me thinking about eventually adding at least a lather bowl to my sets, maybe even another scuttle or two. I'm going to start waking up earlier to fit in a second pass on my shaves. I don't know if my skin can handle more than my standard 1-pass+1-touchup routine, but I want to try because of all that leftover lather.

14. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

How close is that "Cold Spices" to Old Spice? Which one would be closer? PAA's "Cold Spices" or Soap Commander's "Endurance"? I still have a long time to decide because the Village Soapsmith Old-Spice Type soap I have in the mug now seems to be lasting forever. I probably won't finish that for a year at least.

15. alfredus

alfredus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
    Razor: Guerrilla
    Blade: Voskhod (1)
    Brush: Doug Korn D7V
    Lather: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
    Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

16. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

05/22/17 Shave of the Day
    Face Wash with Crabtree & Evelyn Indian Sandalwood Triple Milled Soap
    Captain's Choice 45th Parallel Shaving Cream
    Wolf Whiskers Blue Train Custom 24mm Silvertip Badger Brush
    Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
    OneBlade Razor Model 2.0
    Feather FHS-10 Hi-Stainless Blade - 5th Shave
    RazoRock Alum Stick
    Homemade Mandarin Generic Distilled Witch Hazel
    Captain's Choice 45th Parallel "B" Evaluation Sample
    NIVEA Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm

D IMG_5549.jpg

17. John Beeman

yeah, that's way more than I would have paid.

18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

May 22, 2017
    Colonial Razors “The General”
    Feather Pro
    BSB-2 with Vie Long 2 Band
    Mystic Water Lavender Lime
    Myrsol Agua Balsamica

[​IMG]

19. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

WCS Charcoalgoods Stainless Steel Razor
    Perma Sharp Stainless Blade
    Cremo Cream Cooling Shave Cream
    Big Bruce Synthetic Brush
    Aqua Velva Sensitive Balm
    Asylum Vetiver Bourbon After Shave

20. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Menthol Monday
    My first use of Reef Point Earl Grey and Ginger was simply outstanding. The lather is excellent and easy to make, like all RP offerings I've tried. Three smooth comfortable passes with the Future were followed by the matching splash - very refreshing. The scent seems a little green and herbaceous as it dries down. I really like Ginger and tea, so this is right up my alley. [​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.