SoS: November 14, 2016 - November 20, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Your razor?
    Hope you're ok. P.S. I am A pos. if you need a transfusion.

2. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Sunday's Full Shave Ritual 11/20/16
    Face pre-Wash Cellar Doors Haunted Woods Artisan Soap
    Prickly Pear Mentholated ATG Pre-Shave Soap
    RazoRock Pilsoft Monster Synthetic Shave Brush
    Stainless Steel Shaving Bowl Brush Soak in Hot Water
    Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber Shave Soap
    Crown King Dual Chamber Scuttle Warm Soap Bloom & Lather
    RazoRock Black Hawk Single Edge Razor
    Feather Artist Club Professional Blade - 9th Shave
    RazoRock Alum Stick
    Thayers Alcohol Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
    Clubman Pinaud Aftershave Lotion
    IMG_3721 Art.jpg

3. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

SHAVE OF THE DAY
    20161120_130917.jpg

Prep: Taconic Bay Rum mentholated
    Razor: Gillette ball end tech
    Blade: Pol-Silver
    Brush: Fine Angel Hair Synthetc
    Soap: Gustafsons Blue Bayou
    Aftershave: Bootleggers Lime Bay Rum
    Balm: Myrsol Emulsion

Oh man what a perfect BBS shave this morning. Best shave i've had in a while hands down. I know I've said this before, but this new Gustafsons formula is incredible. No bubbles whatsoever, reminds me of the Wholly Kaw tallow or I Coloniali in that it makes a sticky creamy lather rather than bubbly. managed 3 passes without any irritation, feel completely rejuvinated. Decided to bust out the Bootleggers lime ( Masters Bay rum, Clubman VIBR, Superior 70 Bay rum, Clubman Citrus Musk, glycerin) these aftershaves mix well to create a unique lime Bay rum scent that paired well with the pre shave soap and the Blue Bayou, which is lavender and cedarwood. Threw on a small dab of Myrsol Emulsion to protect against this cold Detroit weather we are having today, it actually started to snow last night. Hopefully this winter Wil be a mild one. Hope everyone had a great weekend and a dapper shave!

4. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you had a dolphin smooth shave Bill.:eatdrink047:

Douglas Carey, ram57 and clint64 like this.
  5. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

I had one before, but this one was spectacular. I may not have to shave again for three days. Thanks for your interest. Regards, Bill

6. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

And checking with another general Sunday reminder, this thread wraps tonight! The new thread is already up, join in the fun for the new week.

Find it here:
    SoS: November 21, 2016 - November 27, 2016

Have a great Sunday Afternoon!

PLAla, Douglas Carey, mrchick and 2 others like this.
  7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

You caught a Dolphin? As in Flipper? I've been deep sea fishing a couple of times, it's not for me. I usually lose my breakfast before we leave the dock.

billdog2 and clint64 like this.
  8. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hello Friends,

here my Shave of the Day:

[​IMG]
    Mühle R41 with Jürgen Hempel Handle // Personna Med. Prep. // PAV Brushworks Boarsty // Sapone da Barba Vegetale alla Mandorla // Extro Acqua di Colonia Egypt

Great shave. The R41 is so thoroughly...awesome. But in the same way very gentle. It´s the actual version, so not the V2.0, which is very aggressive. This thing is a great shaver, when you will have it gentle and smooth. The PAV Brush is worked in fine now, after i did a few Test-latherings in my Suribachi-Bowl. Tips are very soft and it created very nice amounts of creamy goodness. Last but not least the Aftershave...Extro has created a scent here, which is almost perfectly for this time of the year. Oriental spices over and over. A "heavy" scent which lasts a long time on my skin. Great!!!

Have agreat time, enjoy your shaves and take care.

Greetings
    Thorsten​

celestino, PLAla, ilts and 14 others like this.
  9. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Sunday, November 20

[​IMG]

Colonial General
    DeRuitem Shaving 22mm Finest
    Hibco Tobacco Shaving Soap
    Stirling Gentleman

I was putzing around on E bay and found this Hibco soap, so I tried it out just for fun. The scent was really, really good. It was a little dark, very full, maybe a little leather. It was just the perfect strength. It filled the bathroom while I lathered, but it wasn't in my face strong.

The soap came in a tin so small it was sort of a pain to load out of. It is a glycerine soap, so slippery on the puck, and even with my smallest knotted, heaviest backboned badger, it made loading seem like fiddling with a toy or something. It could be melted and poured into the container of ones choice, but...

I loaded up a ton of soap, just to make sure my brush was good and full. I always face lather with a new soap because it seems to give me the best feel for what the lather is doing. This is picky soap. First pass it went from thick and pasty to broken and disappearing with just the littlest dips of the tips into my mug. For the second pass I reloaded and left it much much thicker than what I am accustomed to. Not good. No slickeriness at all. Third pass I tried to find a middle ground; failed and broke it again.

As far as post shave, my face feels dry and a little tight, which surprises me from a glycerine soap.

I am gonna have to work with it another time or two to see if it is going to be useable or not. If I didn't like the scent so much I am not sure I would bother. It does smell that good.

I ended up good and smooth, and it is always fun to try new stuff. All in all a pretty fair Sunday Shave.

Hope you all have a good next week.

celestino, PLAla, ilts and 14 others like this.
  10. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

A nice Sunday shave
    [​IMG]

celestino, PLAla, ilts and 13 others like this.
  11. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Date: 21 November 2016

Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm
    Lather: - Arko Shaving Soap
    Razor: - iKon X3 Slant with The Stray Whisker "Howitzer" Handle
    Blade: - Gillette Silver Blue #2
    Post Shave: - T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent / Clubman Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum Aftershave

Edit:- Oops wrong section :ashamed001:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  12. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hi folks, here's today's SOTD-

[​IMG]

#66 Gillette Aristocrat.
    Crystal Super Platinum blade.
    Simpsons Duke II pure badger.
    RazoRock XXX shave soap.
    Pinaud Clubman SR aftershave.
    360 Red by Perry Ellis cologne.
    Nivea post shave balm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. billdog2

Well........... not exactly like Flipper, more like BBS. I was in the Navy for 9 yrs., I`ve had enough open sea experience for a lifetime. A little literary license, I hope won`t hurt any of us. With regards, Bill

P.S. Never got seasick.

14. billdog2

I`ve been looking at the Razorock Hawk chrome version (out of stock). How aggressive is yours? Any other info will be appreciated, Bill

15. alfredus

alfredus Well-Known Member

Thank you sir - you are too kind!!!

Love you Koraat BTW - glad I haven't fallen in the straight rabbit hole

16. alfredus

alfredus Well-Known Member

Thank you sir - Ken & Cody pulled out another Masterpiece out if the hat

17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

My Clubman gives me that same feeling-tough to load out of. Gets messy.

18. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Yeah. That one came in a stupid small tub too. Clubman is a pretty okay soap, I am just disappointed with the scent.

19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

it's misleading(the scent). They describe it as similar to their Vanilla A.S, but you don't see the words "Clubman Vanilla" on the tub. I'm leaning towards trying their otber new one next time......brush not needed-it's like a shaving cream in a tub. Might be a better deal economically, as the tub is much larger.

20. nikonNUT

nikonNUT Well-Known Member

Something about pine on a cool fall day in the Ouichitas! Reminds me of the days when the rangers wouldn't fine you for taking pine knots out of the national forest...
    [​IMG]

alfredus, celestino, PLAla and 14 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.