SoS: October 24, 2016 - October 30, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Oct 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Kerry it's great to see you posting. Hope you've been well.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. DabblinRazors

DabblinRazors Well-Known Member

I don't know how you did that, but >>> APPLAUSE <<<!

nikonNUT and 120inna55 like this.
  3. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thank you. My very amateurish attempt at an animated gif. Using gimp, I made several duplicate layers. Then, starting with no saturation of red, I incrementally pushed the saturation with each layer. Then, for fun, I went back and began to draw in the bleeding, again, incrementally extending the bleeding lines with each layer. Then I set the color mode to indexed and messed with the dithering settings (things I picked up from making gifs from a video source). Then I optimized for gif, and saved it at 100ms/s. Again, I've made gifs from video sources before, but until now, I'd never animated a static image before. It was fun figuring it out and learning a few things.

4. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

IMG_0983.jpg
    Using my new to me, vintage M2 Gillette Slim Adjustable with a Derby Extra Blade
    PAA Ice Pre-Shave Soap
    Perfecto Badger Brush
    Chiseled Face Sherlock Soap
    RazoRock Alum
    Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel with Aloe
    PAA Bay Rum Tonic

5. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

OCtober-een!

October 30

Grand Blade Trials - OCtober shave

Razor - Fatip Piccolo
    Blade - [​IMG] (2)
    Soap - Tabac
    Brush - BoS Omega 10066
    Post - Alum

Second of three OCtober shaves to finish the month. The Fatip is a razor I acquired just for this month and it has a permanent place in my rotation. Fantastic razor. It has impressed with every shave and I could see myself making this a go-to razor at some point. I switched the Rapira blade over to it for the shave this evening expecting great things. And, I wasn't disappointed.

Two passes tonight as I decided to make it an easy night, although the second pass could count as at least 1.5. I did some ATG work as well as XTG with that pass and finished with a very nice near-BBS. I called that more than good and enjoyed the entire shave. Tabac was awesome and put a sparkle in SWMBO's eye. She loves, loves, loves her some Tabac, which is why I have the cologne to go with it. She'd be happy if I tossed every other soap, though the Fat is a fav of hers as well.

That leaves one more day in the month and I'm behind getting things started for NOVember. If you don't find the link to it tonight, have no fear...it will be up no later than noon tomorrow at the latest.

My final shave for OCtober will be with the razor shown below. It counts as OC and I just got it Friday. I'll let you put a name to it.

[​IMG]

6. DabblinRazors

DabblinRazors Well-Known Member

Thank you!

clint64 likes this.
  7. nikonNUT

nikonNUT Well-Known Member

8. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I bet y'all are believing in my magic towel now!!

9. melyus

melyus Well-Known Member

Thank you .Barristerandmann

Karl G and clint64 like this.
  10. melyus

melyus Well-Known Member

Thank you.

DabblinRazors and clint64 like this.
  11. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

(closing for transition to new week)

Thread Status: