SoS: September 29, 2014 - October 5, 2014

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Sep 28, 2014.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

My shaving plans for tomorrow - a very simple and COLD set-up!

Menthol Monday:

Gatsby Ice Cooling Gel Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/new Sharp
    Synergy Frost_byte SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    444 AS Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Pino Silvestre EdT

Just thinking about all these items is enough to almost cause me to start shivering because every one of them is damned cold. That Gatsby facial wash gives a hell of a menthol wallop, especially after it's been on your face for a minute or two. After the Stirling Glacial soaps, I'd say the Frost_byte is my second coldest soap and it's very well-named because the menthol sensation is really powerful, and it gives awesome lather and skincare. There aren't too many other balms which give the cooling and soothing effect that the 444 gives, and the Rubby Dubby Doo is in a class by itself for iciness! ;) :D

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod140929.jpg
    SEptember 29's zcws.png

Dove Men's Face Wash
    ARKO Extra Performance Shaving Cream
    Turkish #6
    Schick M-2
    Schick Plus Platinum
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    Thayers Rose Petal WH
    Pinaud Clubman AS

The ARKO Shaving Soap face-lathered very easily with my new Turkish #6 Brush. Two passes with my Schick M-2 and Schick Plus Platinum blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, alum block, and a final cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayers Rose Petal WH and then Pinaud Clubman after shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  3. AlexV

AlexV Active Member

Sunday setup:
    Preshave oil T&H Ultimate Comfort
    Lather MdC Fougere
    Brush WhippedDog Silvertip 24
    Kamisori Yamamasa (Tamahagane Honsha)
    Postshave MdC Huile Vegetale
    [​IMG]

4. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

SOTD
    Not the best shave today, as I took the Schick blade to one more shave than it had in it. The good points about the shave are the Cella soap. I waited to long to use it. It has great performance qualities as well as a wonderful scent.
    Cella
    Vulfix Horsehair
    Schick E3
    Chick (8)
    Lavender Witch Hazel
    [​IMG]

5. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

IMG_0942.JPG Plan For Menthol Monday, SEptember 29, 2014

Cool Water Shower - Neutrogena Face Wash :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

Proraso Green :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

Schick Injector L-1

Whipped Dog Boar Brush

More to come!

6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I'm glad I finally realized that it was SEptember. It is great seeing all the Schicks and GEMs being used.

7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Shave for Monday 29 September ...

[​IMG]

... another Japanese Schick day!

8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    How did you come by Japanese Schicks?

crackstar, Slow Joe, ram57 and 3 others like this.
  9. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well, fortune smiled my way one day and I bought some that were being closed out of a Japanese company via e-Bay almost five years ago. It was a one off sale and I was the fortunate buyer.

crackstar, ram57, Llyr and 5 others like this.
  10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    That's really :signs021:. I am about to run out of my injector blades. I am thinking of looking for vintage blades on eBay. I have been using some Schick Plus Platinum that are probably 20 years old or more. They are great.

crackstar, ram57, Llyr and 1 other person like this.
  11. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

These may be the very best Schick made (even better than U.S. made blades). They are about 10-20 years old by my best guess. If they are well stored vintage blades are great.
    The current generation of Schicks out of China (yes, I know) shave about at an 85% level of these blades. Surprising that they would perform at that high level but they do. At least we still have two sets of brands under the Energizer/Schick corporation (Schicks and Personnas including Ted Pellas which are Personnas).

crackstar, ram57, Llyr and 2 others like this.
  12. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Shave of the day, menthol Monday

Pre- Hot shower, Bulldog face wash

Soap/cream- Proraso green

Brush- The body shop Synthetic

Razor- Gillette slim adjustable(3)

Blade- Astra SP

Post- Cold water rinse, Speick for men and Nivea aftershave balm

Menthol Monday with Proraso today. I really like the chill proraso gives. 2 pass shave WTG and some touch ups.

I did something new in the post shave routine. I squeezed the leftover lather from the brush and applied to face, I left it there while cleaning up and then rinsed with cold water. The chill from the menthol got much stronger and I loved it =D

I usually rinse the residual lather off of my face with warm water and then do my cold water rinse to close the pores. I will be doing this from now on, at least with menthol soaps/creams.

[​IMG]

Ryan B, crackstar, AlexV and 24 others like this.
  13. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Menthol Monday
    A very easy, smooth and comfortable shave this morning. FrostByte is a top three soap for me because of the cold, tea tree oil, and ease of use. Krampert's Finest Frostbite is an excellent compliment for skincare and keeping the chill going for at least half an hour.

Prep: warm shower
    Soap: Synergy FrostByte
    Brush: HIS XL
    Razor: iKon ShaveCraft 101
    Blade: Personna lab blue (3)
    AS: Krampert's Finest Frostbite
    [​IMG]

Jom, dscaver, Ryan B and 23 others like this.
  14. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

20140929_063311-1.jpg today's shavey's shave
    hot water wash with nivea men's
    art of shaving pure badger
    c.o.bigelow
    Gillette fatboy(d4)(7)
    persona lab(2)
    Osage rub
    today's shave was pretty cold. three passes, very smooth. Nice to be home, I'm 6'6", they usually hang mirrors a little low for me. mine at home is just high enough. Osage is new to me, pretty cold.
    Hope y'all have a cool Monday

15. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

6/8 Prior
    Cold River
    homemade boar
    Nice one pass shave this morning. Have a good one.
    [​IMG]

16. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I like that brush. Good work

crackstar, ram57, Llyr and 2 others like this.
  17. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Monday

Prep: Hot Shower-Stirling Scots Pine Bath Soap
    Soap: Coate’s Sandalwood Cream
    Razor: Gillette Slim [6]
    Blade: Viking’s Sword (4)
    Brush: Whipped Dog Sivlertip-22mmx48mm
    Aftershave: Pino Silvestre

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Coate’s Sandalwood today. 20 seconds to load WD Silvertip for a great lather. Viking’s Sword in the Slim. An excellent smooth, close, nick free shave. I finished with Pino Silvestre.

Bob

[​IMG]

18. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

9/29/14

Prep: Warm wash with Stirling Naked & Smooth bath soap
    Lather: Old Spice cream
    Brush: Omega 10006
    Razor: Gillette New SC
    Blade: Voskhod (4)

3 pass shave this morning. I've not been getting underneath my chin as smooth as I like lately, so added a 3rd pass to try and clear that area up. Not BBS there, but otherwise a DFS.

19. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Menthol Monday:

Prep:
    Hot shower, Neutrogena Invigorating Facial Scrub Cleanser, TSD Jasmine Sambac Preshave balm
    Brush: Simpson 56 Best Badger
    Soap: Stirling Glacial Obsidian
    Razor: Merkur 41c 1904 OC
    Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum (2)
    Passes: WTG, XTG, ATG (4, 5, 6)
    Post: Cold water splash, Bloc Osma Alum, Dickinson's WH, Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS splash
    Cologne: Xeryus by Givenchy

Not counting the aftershave splash, the only differences between today's shave setup and yesterday's were changing to the Stirling soap and having 3 passes already on the Bic. The differences in results were more obvious. I spent more than twice as long lathering the Stirling, compared to the RazoRock One-X, and caught a weeper and a couple of alum 'hot spots' this morning in an otherwise BBS shave.

20. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

[​IMG]
    Monday Morning Shave
    Razor:
    Gillette Fat Boy (S6)
    Blade: Perma-Sharp (2)
    Brush: Isana Men Pure Badger
    Soap: Arko
    AS: Arko Football

Perma-Sharp is a little bit harsh for my skin. It keeps irritating and nicking my face.