Sources of common beginner problems

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Leisureguy, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

So being relatively new my biggest cause of irritation is usually me. Either being really sloppy with blade angle, rushing or just trying to hard to be baby smooth in every direction. I have a few stops hair grows in strange directions and i cant shave well with my leff hand and its awkward. If I try to hard I will get irritation and the wife asks later on what happened:)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

mrchick likes this.
  2. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Proper blade angle will come with muscle memory. Like anything else the more reps you give yourself the better you'll get. The BBS will come as your technique improves. And if you know you're rushing, give yourself more time to shave. I get up early so I have plenty of time to do it right. I'm usually in my den by 0600 and all done by 0635. The actual shave takes about 15 maybe 20 minutes the pre & post take up the rest.
    Enjoy your shaves!

mrchick likes this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Proper angle has been my biggest problem to deal with, even with the good help I've received here.

mrchick likes this.
  4. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Trust me Ive learned a lot I was just sharing what I have run into here and there. I think my confort with the DE is starting to hurt me beacuae I tend to rush sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

mrchick likes this.