SouthEast Texas Meetup?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Bookworm, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I'm putting NO plans into action, but I wondered how many people might be interested in a meetup in SE Texas. I know there are at least two of us in the Houston area, two or more in the Beaumont Region, and some in SW Louisiana.

I'm thinking that Beaumont would be the easiest meeting place for most - yes, it's a hike for @DaltonGang and myself, but no more of one than coming from Baton Rouge or Lake Charles. There's enough food places to find a restaurant with space, and since there's really no shaving places anywhere around us, we don't have to plan trips :)

Again, this isn't an announcement of a meeting, just a question about having one, if there's enough interest and people in the general area - and everything else could be argued out.

RyX and Bama Samurai like this.
  2. Edwin Jagger Loyalist

Edwin Jagger Loyalist Active Member

I'm from Dallas and I'd come down for that

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

3. jar

jar Well-Known Member

I'm from the Valley and might even head north for that.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  4. Bookworm

We'll see what happens in the next few days. If there are only three or four people, it might not be worth putting it together. If there's 6-10, then it'd be worth it.

5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Easy hop from BR to Beaumont. You think the Mcdonalds would have us?

6. Bookworm

I'm sure we could find a Pizza Hut.

Now to find out about @RyX

7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Golden Corral? I'm in!
    Gloden Corral.gif

wchnu and Bookworm like this.
  8. Bookworm

Okay, that's five, maybe six with @DaltonGang

I think we'd need two or three more to make it worthwhile to schedule, as there's travel time involved. I'd offer to just host it in Houston, but that'd make the Louisiana Contingent have to REALLY plan :)

9. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Sounds like fun. I just need to know the date and time, as far ahead as possible. My schedule is really tight.

10. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

If I can make it, I will bring several Straight, DE, and SE razors to trade or sell, at a very reasonable price. Kind of make it a little bit of a swap meet, if others agree.

RyX likes this.
  11. Bookworm

I'd have to bring my "tool box" then. I don't see an issue with it, it's not like we'd be going to be mugging folks on street corners, going "Hey! Wanna buy a razor? It's good stuff, man. Sharp blades too."

Considering where you work, I figured you'd be the one to work schedules around more than the rest of us. Chinese Buffets tend to have a semi-room open just about any time, if you come with enough folks with money for food. Heck, I think Golden Corral often has a 'private' area. Could you imagine trying to fly to a meet? "No, officer. I REALLY do intend to shave with all sixty of these razors."

RyX and DaltonGang like this.
  12. Bookworm

Just thought I'd bump this again. Anyone know someone else who might want to show up to something like this? If so, we can plan it for a month or two away so that it can be fit to people's schedules.

RyX likes this.
  13. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I just saw the thread. Depending on the time, as I have been traveling a lot lately, I am in.

14. Bookworm

There's no set time (yet). Mostly it's trying to find out how many folks in and around the area would want to meet. We certainly can't do it soon, as the areas we could meet are looking at some ... issues.

RyX likes this.
  15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Sounds like all y'all are a'fixin' on havin a nice little get together down Texas way!
    :eatdrink047: :happy088:

Bookworm, RyX and Bama Samurai like this.
  16. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

"fixing to be having"

HolyRollah and cmorris357 like this.
  17. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Only in the South does the phrase "I'm fixin to fix the fixins" make sense.

RyX, Bookworm and Bama Samurai like this.
  18. Bama Samurai

Amen. Pass the grits.

cmorris357 and Bookworm like this.
  19. Bookworm

No thanks. I prefer biscuits and gravy.

DaltonGang, RyX and cmorris357 like this.
  20. Bama Samurai

Ok. It's a TX meet up. That's cool in TX.

Would get your card pulled in AL, GA, MS and pulled violently fast LA And SC.

Being TX born, AL reared, and TX as an adult, with big family in GA.... TX is not the "Old South", it's a distinct food and drink culture. For some reason, I am craving Luling City Market brisket and sausage. Random....

Bobcat likes this.