Soviet, Russian razors RAD speaks Russian.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bondage007, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Bondage007

Bondage007 Active Member

Hello,

I guess I'm trying to re-create the Cold War in my shave den. Just ordered these two razors on ETSY from "Rasimat Vintage". Then are NOS and the price was fair. Will post review when they arrive in about a month.

Cheers
    John
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  2. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Nice. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on them.

3. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Any idea what years they were manufactured? Look like Slim and Black Beauty copies Look forward to hearing about them.

4. Bondage007

Bondage007 Active Member

The first one is a Consul slim clone from early nineties. The second one is a Ideal super adjustable clone from maybe the same time.
    Once I get them (3-4 weeks) I'll take the instructions to work and have them translated.
    I'll include translation in review.

Cheers
    John

twhite and Jim99 like this.
  5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Subscribed. :)

6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

NCoxSTL likes this.
  7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Who calls me forth from slumber? Oh, it's you. Cool! I haven't used either razor but I do know from others who have that they are typical Soviet quality. They are Slim and Super Adjustable clones that work like all Russia razors. Sloppily. Actually the build quality isn't all that bad but they are a lot more aggressive than their Gillette counterparts. A 5 on the Ideal is equal to a 9 on the Slim, or so I've been told. Cool razors though. I haven't taken the plunge yet on one of them as I'm not a big fan of the adjustable razors.

I do, however, along with @Drygulch, have a Soviet straight razor currently on the slow boat from Ukraine. That should be fun.

I'll be looking forward to the review on these two. Like I said, workable but expect Soviet engineering to rear its stubborn head!

Drygulch and richgem like this.
  8. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Quality engieering and low cost. Load that up with the sharpest blade you can find and go after it. What could possibly go wrong?

NCoxSTL likes this.
  9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    very-interesting-2 .jpg
    I'll be following.

CyanideMetal likes this.
  10. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

[​IMG]

Drygulch likes this.
  11. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I've been looking at mine for months, and haven't had the nerve to try it. I have noticed that like Neal said it is typical Soviet engineering. Built like a tank, but somewhat lacking in precision. The blade gap difference between settings is very inconsistent and more aggressive than its Gillette counterpart. I'll load up a Voskhod and try it out when No Variation November is over.

Drygulch likes this.