Stahly Parts?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by AnB_Daddy, Jan 12, 2012.

1. AnB_Daddy

AnB_Daddy Active Member

Anyone have an old Stahly Live Blade razor they use for parts?

I am looking for a blade baseplate. I picked up a beautiful, near mint one a while back in original case with no cracks, in the original cardboard box no water damage, with original instructions. The problem is one of the spring steel pieces on the floating baseplate is broke, making the razor un-usable.

I am willing to pay for it, or send a package of goodies for your generosity (you won't be disappointed).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Baseplate.jpg

2. Rob72

Rob72 Member

Hi, Tony,
    Brand new over here, and I was going to link the thread I posted on Stahly disassembly and repair on Badger&Blade. I can probably tackle your problem in the not too distant future- pretty much, it will involve drilling out the rivets, and getting a new piece of spring steel in there. n First, however, i need to find sources for small stainless steel rivets, and either flat stainless spring stock, that I can shape and harden myself, or find a plater who could nickle a batch of itty-bitty springs for me.

CyanideMetal likes this.
  3. AnB_Daddy

AnB_Daddy Active Member

That would be great!

I believe I have the manufacture's blue prints/schematics of the entire razor at home.

I'll check after work and post it if I can find it.

4. Rob72

Rob72 Member

What would make this a whole lot easier would be convincing cooncatbob to make a new Stahly head, with spring channels, so that small chrome-silicon coil springs could be used.

From his responses on B&B, my suspicion is that he'd like to chop all the Stahly bodies up, and keep the heads, but perhaps I misread him...:p