Stainless Steel Razor Advice

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Weishi Warrior, Feb 24, 2015.

1. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

:pics:
    How about some pictures of these.:pics:

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I'm only 3 shaves in with it, the quality is outstanding. Finding the cutting angle is not an issue, mild yet very efficient, I like the weight of the razor, no need for added pressure. The blade expands the entire width of the head, so you have a wider cutting area. I've had no razor burn or irritation. Overall this razor is IMO perfect.

3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Only have the S1 and S2 in my possession now but here is a pic from today's shave.

[​IMG]

4. Captain Bb

Captain Bb Member

My Stainless collection:

Feather AS-D2, Weber, Shavecraft 101 (ally head I know but hey), Mongoose.
    ATT Kronos M1, R1, H1 & S1.
    [​IMG]

All these razors are great but if I had to narrow it down - the Mongoose is by far the best performer but I'm not sure at this stage if I could use it as a daily shaver. The S1 is the one I'd choose from the ATT stable (efficient & comfortable). The AS-D2 is my go-to if I'm suffering from irritation (mild but efficient). I suppliment all these razors with a stainless shavette, which I use to finish the difficult (for me) area under my nose.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  5. VedderLG

VedderLG Well-Known Member

Great minds think alike?!? It is awesome!

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  6. RaZorBurn123

The S1 sure is awesome. Everything from the packaging, build quality, warranty, and shave are above the competition.

VedderLG likes this.
  7. RaZorBurn123

Sweet collection! They look anodized? Maybe it's a filter? The SC101 is no slouch, I get really nice shaves from it.

8. Captain Bb

Captain Bb Member

No filter, just my rubbish photography. I agree, the 101 is a great razor too.

9. marvs

marvs New Member

Dan, you can go to AbovetheTie.com for the prices, I think the ATT S1 with iether Atlas or Kronos or Colossus handles is $185.

10. Dan Reynolds

Dan Reynolds Member

thanks, that will be one for the wish list !

11. sir_mike

sir_mike Well-Known Member

Just got in the ATT open comb set today and tried out the M2 plate for todays shave. It was very nice and for the first open comb shave, I am very impressed and hope it even gets better with time. Gonna be hard to beat my DFS but maybe in two passes instead of three! :)

12. Captain Bb

Captain Bb Member

I don't find the S1 a very audible razor...not like the iKon Slant for example.

13. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear no Weber heads are unavailable at this time. I have both the polished and DLC heads, both Classic and BullDog handles and both give great shaves. IMO the DLC shave head with either handle is just a touch smoother. For me the Weber and EJ89 are very comparable shave wise, only the material in the shave head is different(SS vs Zamac). The Weber is a fantastic buy(most bang for the buck) in the SS world IMO. I haven't had the opportunity or money to try an ATT, but I do lust for one :)