Stick

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by rickboone, Aug 18, 2009.

1. rickboone

rickboone Member

What is a shave stick? A soap? A cream? How do you apply it? Lather it? Use it? I see a lot of good reviews on them but no clue about them.

2. freddy88

freddy88 Member

A shave stick is basically a soap in stick form. It is used by wetting the face, rubbing the stick on your face, and then using a brush to build the lather on your face.

People like Teiste and Matt will be chiming in, I'm sure, as they are almost the resident experts. ;)

3. rickboone

rickboone Member

Hmm....I'll have to try one of these.
    Seems it'd be good for travel.

4. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

They are! The shave stick La Toja I got today comes in a tube type of container that would be good for traveling. I have a Palmolive stick in a pill bottle for my travel kit.

5. Teiste

Teiste New Member

A shaving stick is a puck of soap made perfect:D Try one,theres lots of them.Basically what you do is rubbing it over your wet face and built the lather on it(facelathering).La Toja,Wilkinson,Palmolive,Speick,Arko,Irisch Moos are wonderful shaving sticks.Kells,Mama Bears and QED are another good options too.
    This is a video where our beloved friend Mantic explains how to use one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFNuV7vxZvA
    BTW,shavesticks are great to carry when you travel.

6. fozz77

fozz77 New Member

Yep, you can't beat em with a stick!

7. Fairway Ray

Fairway Ray New Member

Watch out, if you get started on sticks, that new scuttle you just bought will just be a bathroom decoration. :happy102

8. rickboone

rickboone Member

i sent u email

9. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Sorry,but I havent received it.

10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I just tried a Speick Shave Stick. Great scent. Great lather. Great shave. I just couldn't bring myself to enjoy the whole stick experience. I don't like to face lather. I can see those who like to face-lather would enjoy the stick. I'll be shredding mine down into a bowl. Just something to consider if you're not into face-lathering, either.

11. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Speick is great stuff. My absolute favorite soap scent. How you use it is a personal preference.

12. fozz77

fozz77 New Member

+1, Speick is great. Scent, lather......:happy088

13. Truckman

Truckman New Member

There is such a thing as a cream stick.... it was a prototype sent to me to try out by someone who was once a friend of mine....

ahh, well....life moves on, I guess....

I don't enjoy bowl lathering....err...I should say I prefer face lathering - building the lather on your face allows for a much longer time for the soap/cream/lather to soften your stubble....Sticks are my #1 favorite way to lather....I'll even use a puck of soap like a stick by just rubbing the puck on my face...