Still having problems shaving WTG under the nose with an IBC and Feather AC SS Shavette

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by SpeedyPC, Mar 23, 2017.

1. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

G'day IBC or Feather AC DX or SS shavette lovers,

I'm still having problems shaving WTG & XTG under my nose with an IBC and Feather AC SS shavette because I keep getting nicked no matter how cautious I am, what is your secret to overcome this issue and I cannot find the latest youtube to get more details on the angle shaving with a shavette. Keep in mind this is a very frustrating shaving under nose with a bloody shavette and it's extremely tense not easy to relax.

Also I forgot how do you shave XTG on the neck holding the shavette from the ear to the adam apple, I have no issue going WTG and ATG because their are some tinny stubble left over on my neck and the only way I can finish it is go XTG.

Cheers :);)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. SpeedyPC

Okay any straight razor lovers can help me with the issue either you don't have a shavette

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  3. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I cannot shave ATG on the upper lip. No matter the prep, angle, soap, etc... it always hurts too much. This is the same with any razor.

As for XTG on the neck, I use a scything kind of motion.

RaZorBurn123 and PickledNorthern like this.
  4. SpeedyPC

Huh??? would you please speak english I've never heard of this??

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

It is English. It means to use more of a "sweeping" motion rather than a "plow straight through" push.

RaZorBurn123 and SpeedyPC like this.
  6. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Same here. Since the razor isn't going to fit sideways under your neck, you will have to experiment with angles, skin stretching and scything in these spots.

For me that is my ATG, so it can be difficult for me to get BBS with a straight. All the stars have to be lined up.

SpeedyPC likes this.
  7. SpeedyPC

Thanks @PickledNorthern I guest I have to experiment with angles, skin stretching and scything in these trouble spots, all comes into a learning experience when using a shavette.

PS. Thank you @PickledNorthern I've ordered a Kai Captain Standard DX Shavette (folding & non-folding) from the supplier you told me about ;)

PickledNorthern likes this.
  8. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Try this technique. I do it with straight and Feather AC SS shavette. Secret is keep the blade moving.... ATG on top lip - naaaaaa too worrying for me anyway....

SpeedyPC likes this.
  9. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Have you tried pushing your nose to one side or the other? Or perhaps pulling up on the tip of your nose? It helps to get it out of the way, especially if your snout is of the well endowed variety...