Still learning!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Django, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Django

Django Member

I've only been DE shaving for about three months and I've just had my best shave yet My technique must be getting better! Pre shave with straight Argan oil (i think it works well and is a good skin conditioner?)Rockwell 6s on plate #4, Feather blade, Castle Forbes lavender soap a new Yaqi 24MM Sagrada Familia Synthetic brush and Nivea after shave balm (I think the brush is too soft so i will go back too my Omega boar one)
    I'm getting hooked on this hobby!
    Django.

RyX, Keithmax, Shaver X and 2 others like this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Good to hear that you are enjoying your hobby, I'm still enjoying it also. Looks like you have some great equipment also to give you the shaves you deserve.

3. Django

Django Member

Thanks Ron, I think I am getting past the disheartened stage and getting some positive results, i'm waiting on a Fat Boy, Proraso Red and Tabac soap.

RyX and Ron R like this.
  4. Django

Django Member

Hi Ron, the Fatboy arrived and I'm very pleased with it.This is the Ebay pic
    [​IMG]

brit, RyX and Keithmax like this.
  5. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

If you are looking for a soft brush with backbone, have you considered horse? I have one of the Vie Long Epsilon brushes, a Model GC13900/3, and it works very well - soft tips, yet plenty of backbone. If you are interested, they can be purchased from Gifts & Care https://www.giftsandcare.com/en/88-horse-shaving-brushes.

BTW - It took me about three months to get consistently good shaves from a safety razor. From what I have read in the forums, that seems to be the case for a lot of guys.

Django and RyX like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

You also mentioned Feather blades and Omega boar brushes? All approved items in my rotation. :happy088: If you have questions about that Fat Boy, visit The 30 Day thread. We've been celebrating Adjustable April and the Fat Boys have been flying!

Django likes this.
  7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Looks hardly used to me, enjoy.

8. Django

Django Member

Yes Ron i agree it is very clean and working as it should, a good price I think (?) as well I won it at £42 delivered

9. Gorgack

Gorgack Member

Welcome to the club, my good man. I've been wet shaving for quite a while, however am new to this forum. I've had great luck with that preshave oil, however haven't used my Rockwell 6S 2.0. I got the early 6S, before they re-released them. I'm very glad you had such a great experience!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Django likes this.
  10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    You never stop learning. Continue along the path.

Django likes this.