Stingraysrock Rocks!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Art Vandelay, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Active Member

Our good friend Jeff was kind and thoughtful enough to send me a VERY cool 1960 Gillette Super Speed, completely unsolicited. Can't wait to load it up and use it. Thanks so much, Jeff, I really appreciate it! :thanks

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Jeff is da man indeed! :happy096

Enjoy your new razor!

3. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

+1 - Jeff is the best shave dude on the planet!

4. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

What's even cooler about Jeff, IMHO, is that he does stuff like this and has zero expectation of getting recognition and/or praise. He gets some anyway, but that's not why he's so generous.

I'll also add that the 50's and 60's Super Speeds are my great shavers IMHO.

5. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

:sihns011 - That fits more with what I was thinking when I posted that. BTW Jeff - I am still looking for that mincemeat - When I find it you will get a nice surprise!

6. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Well thanks Jeff, and you are most certainly welcome!

Please do let us know how it shaves!

7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I couldn't have said it better.

Way to go, Jeff :happy088:happy088

8. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Yep...I reflect the same sentiments and respect for Jeff as Da Man and for his thoughtfulness and generousity...He just found out how much I had loved my Dad's Schick I2 (in my childhood and early shaving years), and sent me his the next day....And if thats not enough he included a couple months worth of blades...And last year he PIFed me a birth year Super Speed for my birthday, which I love dearly...

Stingraysrock-Jeff is one "Off the Hook, Bang A Gong, InterGalactic" kind of Cat...;)
    My hats off to you man...;)) I can't thank you enough...

9. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Yeppers! Jeff is certainly a heckuva nice guy, and always very generous. :happy096

I do want to add that behind every great man, is an equally great woman, and in Jeff's case that would be Shawna.

I am truly delighted to have both of them as active members here. :happy088

10. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    And in your case, that would be me! :signs136 :D

11. LowellB

LowellB Member

Jeff's a great guy

That was a very cool thing for him to do. When I first expressed my interest on this forum about starting this new hobby, Jeff sent me a starter kit just to see if it was something I was really interested in.

Congrats on the Super Speed.

12. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

Thats cool for sure.

13. chadstar

chadstar Member

I received a Slim Adjustable for my birthday so i agree that..................

14. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

So I will throw my 9 cents in on this thread. :D

My husband is AWESOME!

Unexpectedly (or it was expected, depending on your intel), the Manager of my center resigned. I was offered the interim Manager position and accepted. Longer hours, more stress, more time away from home, Yay me?!? ... Jeff has made sure everyday that 1) I eat breakfast, 2) I have lunch ... I don't know what it is about my line of work ... but I forget to eat ... 3) Dinner is cooked or cooking when I get home from a 12 - 14 hour workday ...

Plus .. we still shave together and fit in porch time .. What more could I ask for??

:D;):D Yes Stingraysrock Rocks!! But, more importantly, Jeff is an awesome person that contributes much to this piece of Heaven I call home. :love029:love029:love029

15. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

Congrats on your promotion, and yes Jeff, Rocks!