Stirling barbershop soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Kevinwine85, Mar 3, 2018.

1. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Stirling Barbershop is a nice vanilla type or barbershop scent. Similar to Honeybee soaps barbershop, sweet vanilla that is different from most other barbershop scents on the market, nothing like Clubman or London Barbershop.

Jim99 likes this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

True, but I'd have to say Doc Ezlovan did well enough to get it CLOSE to a barbershop scent.

SHAVEWIZARD420 and john zeiger like this.
  3. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Agreed. Not only close, but different enough to be unique and desirable as a stand alone scent.

My 76 year old dad grew up in the heyday of barbershops, and smiles with fond memories when sniffing Clubman. But he LOVES Stirling Barbershop. Both my folks can’t quit commenting on how great it smells, and how great the bathroom smells after he shaves. I think it’s a very strong factor in his quick adoption of wet shaving since last Christmas.

SHAVEWIZARD420, Yehuda D and Jim99 like this.
  4. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

So.... How did it go ?
    Im interested in making a purchase as well....:signs002:

5. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

How close was the scent to Clubman..:signs002:. Ive been on the fence about the purchase..... Not the performance because it great..

6. GADback

GADback Well-Known Member

The soap is great, but the barbershop scent isn't my favorite--I find it to be a bit vanilla and powdery. The good news with Stirling is there are a ton of scents to try.

Paul Turner likes this.
  7. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

Great..... Thanks for the prompt response and insight....:signs097:

Paul Turner likes this.
  8. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

I’ll have to get back to you with a current assessment. The pucks went to my den, and I’ve been using warm weather soaps. As I recall, the match isn’t as close as I’d hoped during the shave, but pairs well with the real AS.

Paul Turner likes this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

i have stirling gentleman,executive man ,sharp dressed man,vanilla sandalwood, and lemon chill.will try more when these are nearly gone..

Paul Turner likes this.
  10. Paul Turner

I've always enjoyed blending strength with sweetness, by using Clubman Original A.S. with the Stoylin Barbershop soap.

john zeiger and brit like this.
  11. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

Kool, Thanks

12. Pete123

Pete123 Well-Known Member

I'm a big Stirling fan. My favorite is Sharp Dressed Man.

Paul Turner, Yehuda D and SILKS like this.
  13. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

Agreed..... Stirling Goes Hard bro..
    Great Soap Base

Paul Turner likes this.
  14. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I'm a little late to this discussion but Stirling Barbershop is one of my favorite soaps or creams out of about 50 in my den. Key to this is definitely the performance but also I'm a huge vanilla fan and this stuff is full of vanilla. Shavewizard hit it on the head describing it as a powdery vanilla scent. And as with all Stirling soaps, you get a lot for you money in a tub and you get a massive tub that is the best for loading. I'm trying more Stirling scents as we speak. Tried the lime. Not what I was looking for. Tried Mountain Man. Given my screen name I was hopeful. It's nice but not one that I'll buy again. Executive Man is very nice and when I'm done with the sample I'll buy a tub of that. I thought I was going to like Coniferous. My wife bought me a full tub for Xmas last year. I hadn't tried a sample beforehand. Wow. Lot of pine. Sappy pine. Too much sappy pine. I'd love to find a woodsy scent that is a nice mix of different tree and earth scents without being overpowering in the sappy pine department. The joy of the adventure.

15. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Try Ozark Mountain next. I think it will be closer to what you are looking for. If you are looking for a slightly tangy woodsy scent Agar (oud) is great too!

Edison Carter and MntnMan62 like this.
  16. MntnMan62

Thanks for the suggestions. I've heard good things about Ozark Mountain on different threads. I think a sample of that and Agar is in order.

Paul Turner likes this.
  17. MntnMan62

I just checked my stash of samples and I forgot that I have 7 samples that I am in the process of using at the moment and another 5 sitting in zip lock baggies waiting to be tried out. So I'm going to have to hold off on more samples for the moment until I wittle down the stash a bit. On deck are:

Mystic Water Barbershop
    Mystic Water Vanilla Sandalwood
    Hendrix Classics & Co.
    Van Yulay Aphrodite
    Van Yulay Tropical Wolfy

But I do intend to buy a tub of WCS Gatsby No. 1. Great stuff.

Paul Turner and Linuxguile like this.
  18. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Just got 3 full Stirling soap pucks.
    Love the Bay Rum.
    Really like Barber Shop and Sandalwood.

Executive Man and Ben Franklin is the on next order, I like them.

Mountian Man and Ozark Mountian is to perfumey for me, but a friend of mine likes it so, I gave it to him. Can't remember which one, the sent lasted for hours. Nice but not for me.

The stuff is a thirsty concoction, but works well for me on the head shave. It also seems to like water on the warmer side of luke warm for me.

Understand my water is so hard, if you splash someone, it is considered assault with a deadly weapon in 5 states.
    tp

Edison Carter, PLAla and jtspartan like this.
  19. Paul Turner

Will be interested in your commentary on Mystic Water Barbershop.

20. Paul Turner

That's interesting that you have London Barbershop right in line with Clubman-I wonder how the two do compare.

SHAVEWIZARD420 likes this.