Stirling bath soap

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by Tiredricefarmer, May 8, 2017.

1. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

I love Stirling bath soap. Wondering if anyone uses it in their hair too? Also would love to try some other artisan soaps if there is someone who knows of a brand they think is equal to or better than Stirling that they can recommend.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I began by having it in the shower, but decided later to use it as a hand-soap at my sink. (It was Barbershop). Rod now threw in a sample Naked&Smooth alongside my latest Stirling order. That'll be a hand soap, too.

Tiredricefarmer likes this.
  3. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I am also a fan of Stirling bath soaps, they are the best I have ever tried. I usual shower twice a day, once in the morning and again after the gym so they have helped save my skin. Other artisan bath soaps I like allot are Crowne and Crane and Mike's.

For shampoo bars my favorite is Queen Charlotte Soaps but they closed shop. I also liked Mike's shampoo bars. I am currently looking for a replacement for the QCS shampoo bars.

4. Paul Turner

I never tried a bar for a shampoo. I suppose it works just as well, though.

crackstar and Tiredricefarmer like this.
  5. Keithmax

Switching to shampoo bars cured my dandruff and combined with vinegar rinse my hair is much healthier too.

6. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

I almost always lather up twice with it when I shower. It has gotten rid of the dry cracked skin on my elbows. Had a lady grab my arm the other night and she couldn't believe how soft my elbows were. I made an order last night and got her a bar of it. Seriously thinking bout making another order in the next few days. Stirling is gonna break me! Lol

I also tried Stirling blu shave soap for the first time tonight and it smelled awesome! Tuscany bath soap smells great too

7. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I have used many of their bar soaps. I like to match them with my shave soaps when possible. For summer, I find there are several that are Mainstays (iced pineapple, mita, black cherry, gin and tonic, and Eskimo tuxedo)

8. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

I love them as well. My daughter grabbed Pearberry, my wife grabbed Almond Creme and I got Executive Man. For those special days, I do a complete end to end of EM - bath,shave, and balm.

How many showers do you get from a bar?

9. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I'm not sure. The bars are gigantic. They last a very long time. With my wife and me sharing a bar and both taking daily showers, I would say about 1 1/2 months. We could even stretch that out more by using washcloths more frequently.

crackstar and Keithmax like this.
  10. Keithmax

To get the stuff to last longer make sure it dries out in between showers.

Tiredricefarmer and crackstar like this.
  11. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I don't use it in my hair. I have used Stirling Bath Soaps for over three years now exclusively.

12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

By far the best bath soaps I ever used. The Glacial ones are as cold as their shave soap versions and are perfect for the summer heat. These soaps are so skin-friendly that I could avoid using a moisturizer if I wanted to.

13. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Stirling bath soaps are not bad at all. Cant think of one negative thing about them, nice price, good size bar, lasts quite a while, doesn't leave any residue on skin like most commercial bar soaps.

As far as using it as a shampoo bar, I haven't done so with Stirling, but I have been using my SV 70th Anniversary bath soap as a shampoo as well and have had no negative effects yet.

crackstar likes this.
  14. JoyceRedn

JoyceRedn New Member

Better not to use soap on hair.

crackstar likes this.
  15. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

My daughter insisted I try her Stirling Pearberry bath soap. It was definitely sweet and fruity. More pear than berry but the berry note was definitely there. Soap was very good.

16. crackstar

I'm already broke because of Stirling! lolllllllll (just kidding!)

17. Paul Turner

I bet you've tried 'em all..wouldn't be surprised anyway.

crackstar likes this.
  18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

19. crackstar

Oh, there are plenty I haven't tried yet!

Paul Turner likes this.
  20. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I've been using Stirling exclusively for shampoo for about two months, and haven't had anything negative happen. No more flakes, and my hair has a nicer sheen.

PLAla, crackstar and Tiredricefarmer like this.