Stirling bath soap

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by Tiredricefarmer, May 8, 2017.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Nothing beats a shower with Glacial Spearmint when it's summertime!

Tiredricefarmer likes this.
  2. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

I'll check it out!

Sara-s and crackstar like this.
  3. Tiredricefarmer

Think I'm gonna give my hair a try. I just got another order in today with 6 bars of bath soap and a free sample of sandalwood. Also got my first 2 refill shave soaps in today, MITA and Stirling Blu with sample shave pucks of Grapefriut and Tuscany. Starting to get honed in on some of the scents I like best.

dustmite, Sara-s and crackstar like this.
  4. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I find my hair feels funny after washing with a bath bar, almost stringy and wiry. It softens up nicely once dried, though. Some people recommend a cider vinegar rinse, but I find I don't need it.

5. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Delivery today of a fine packet from Stirling Soap.
    Bath soaps...
    • Naked & Smooth (unscented, tallow, lanolin and Shea butter)
    • Sharp Dressed Man (tallow, Green Irish Tweed scent)
    • Sheep Soap (Mutton tallow & lanolin)
    • Executive Man (tallow, Creed Aventus-like)
    • Mountain Man (tallow, Creed Silver Mountain Water)

sterling.jpg

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  6. Kokak

Kokak Well-Known Member

Okay... this thread has inspired me to place my 1st Bath Soap order with Sterling.

I am waiting for:
    Bergamot Lavender
    Sandlewood
    Sandpiper

PLAla, Yehuda D and Tiredricefarmer like this.
  7. Tiredricefarmer

Ooooooohhhhhhh yyyyyyeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhh!!!!!

Kokak likes this.
  8. Tiredricefarmer

I got Island Man, Stirling Noir, Witchy Woman, Piacenza, Arcadia, and Gatlinburg in today!

PLAla, Kokak, Yehuda D and 2 others like this.
  9. Fup

Fup Well-Known Member

https://www.allgoodthingshandmade.com/soaps

I went to this little shop and got the Beer and Honey. In the store it was under shampoos. I really enjoy it, it smells good and makes my hair really soft. I rub it on my hand and then as I start rubbing it into my hair it just lathers up like crazy.

Tiredricefarmer and Kokak like this.
  10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I'm been using my Glacial Spearmint sample for my showers lately. I'd better wait until my two new full-sized bath bars get here and until they do, I'll tough it out with Dove.

Tiredricefarmer, Kokak and dustmite like this.
  11. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Along with the goodies I received yesterday Rod sent a sample of the Electric Sheep. I enjoyed showering with it so much last night. The wife actually told me how "beautiful I smelled" when I came out of my bathroom. When I told her that she bought me the shaving soap version and I showed her the container, she opened it, took a sniff, and said "You know what, it smells so nice!" I couldn't agree with her more!

PLAla, dustmite, Bobcat and 2 others like this.
  12. Kokak

Kokak Well-Known Member

Ever since I got our 1st bar of Stirling's Bergamot & Lavender; there has been no other soap in our shower.

13. Yehuda D

I want to buy my wife the Witchy Woman bath soap but she doesn't want. She prefers to bathe in the exotic oils she buys at a fragrance store near our house.

14. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

The sample we got of WW didn't pass muster with the missus, but she's been using Almost Heaven exclusively for months now.

Yehuda D and Tiredricefarmer like this.
  15. Kokak

Kokak Well-Known Member

I've been married 23 years now and have learned and am a firm believer in; it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

16. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

No but I guess I could. I rotate between Barbershop, Mountain Man and Black Cherry. All make the bathroom smell great through out the day.

PLAla and Straight razor dandy like this.
  17. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I like a lot of Stirling scents, so I use many of their soaps. My favorites are MITA, sharp dressed man, executive man, mountain man, iced pineapple, black cherry, and barbershop.

I have recently become fond of pearberry and sunflower fields as well.

Yehuda D and Jacob Laser like this.
  18. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

You do not find Pearberry a bit to fruity sweet? I got the bar soap for my daughter and that is the impression I get. It is a perfect scent match for the pear and berries described within. I am just cautious for myself that the shave soap is a bit too sweet for my liking. Your thoughts?

19. Yehuda D

I showered again yesterday with the Electric Sheep sample but later I'll use up the last of my Glacial Spearmint one in my shower and then I'll start using one of the full-sized bars. Every one of these bath soaps gives the best skincare I ever had from a soap in all my life. I cannot believe how awesome these products are!

20. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

It is definitely sweet. I should have prefaced my statement by saying that I like a VERY wide range of scents. I like things from sweet to sour, woodsy, citrus, minty, grassy, etc.

I honestly think that most wet shavers wouldn't care for pearberry due to the sweetness, but I'm a fan.

Tiredricefarmer and Yehuda D like this.