Stirling bath soap

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by Tiredricefarmer, May 8, 2017.

1. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

Bout to get 3 wks in on a bar of Island Man and still have plenty left. Wish the scent was stronger but I like it. So far Tuscany is my top one, still got more bars to test though!

SHAVEWIZARD420 and Yehuda D like this.
  2. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

I couldn't agree more about liking a wide range of scents. There are so many scents that just a few months ago I would never believe I would truly enjoy and I love them. Tuscany is what started the change in range of preferences. At first I thought it was too floral and now I have to have it in my den. It is nicely complex and wonderful. From there I have enjoyed T&H 1805 and several B&M scents that are complex and sometimes herbal and spicy. All are delicious

Kokak, Yehuda D and HolyRollah like this.
  3. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

It has caused a few issues for me. Firstly, I like to use seasonal soaps...which means I need to have quite a few.
    Second, it has caused my interest to pique in so many scents that I now really have too many. I need to really reconcile my SAD and have a den clearance. Easier said than done...

4. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I'm also a fan of a variety of scents when it comes to soaps. I have my favorites but whenever I introduce a 'new' soap— whether bath or shave— I get 'buy in' from my wife before it goes into the rotation. I may like a particular scent but if she's not a fan, it doesn't make the cut. After all, she's the one who has to endure the scent on me. :D

Kokak, Yehuda D, Paul Turner and 2 others like this.
  5. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I have a sample of the Electric Sheep bath soap. I used it before when I took my shower and it felt great. I definitely want to buy a couple more as well as the other Glacial scents. My wife asked me if I used Williams soap for the shower and when I told her it was Electric Sheep she was shocked. Honestly, I don't see any similarity in the scents but do see a big difference in the skincare.

I also would like to get these other scents:

Sharp Dressed Man
    Barbershop
    Bay Rum

6. Tiredricefarmer

I have a sample of the Electric Sheep but haven't tried it yet. These are the ones I've tried full bars of that I like in order:

Stirling Noir- still using.
    Tuscany
    Island Man
    Lemon Chill

Love them all! I have Piacenza, Arcadia, and Gatlinburg in my Den waiting to be tried. They all smell great!

PLAla, Kokak and Yehuda D like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I had 2 full Barbershops, and more recently a sample Naked&Smooth. I used the second B-shop and the N&S as simple hand-soaps.

Kokak likes this.
  8. Yehuda D

I'm in love with the Glacial Spearmint. Every time I shower the bathroom smells for an hour after I get out. The menthol effect from this soap is almost as strong as with the shave soap version!

Kokak and Tiredricefarmer like this.
  9. Kokak

Kokak Well-Known Member

I just used the Stirling Sandalwood this morning. I have to say it is not your 'traditional' perfume Sandalwood scent. I really like it. We now have 2 soap dishes in our shower. My wife's Stirling Bergamot & Lavender Body Soap and my Stirling Sandalwood Body Soap.

dustmite and Tiredricefarmer like this.
  10. Paul Turner

Must be like chewing gum in an ice-box(the smell) :).

Kokak, Tiredricefarmer and Yehuda D like this.
  11. Yehuda D

lolllllll Something like that!

Kokak likes this.
  12. Tiredricefarmer

Lol, same here with the 2 soap dishes in the shower!

Kokak likes this.
  13. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Yea they sent me a sample of Island Man bath soap, I agree that the scent could be a bit stronger, but it is a nice scent but a bit light.

14. Tiredricefarmer

Just finished up a bar of Stirling Noir and broke open my sample of Electric Sheep last night......this soap exploded into lather! I love it! It's almost ridiculous how good these soaps and their scents are! Just writing this makes me wanna go shower, lol.

Yehuda D and Paul Turner like this.
  15. Yehuda D

It's with a great deal of regret that I have to say that the North Padre bath soap sample may not be around for much longer. At first it seemed to have a fairly decent scent but when I used it yesterday during my shower it started to gross me out altogether. My wife asked me "What's that garbage cologne you're wearing?" when I joined her in the living room and snuggled up to her on the couch. When I told her it was that bath soap she told me I should throw it away. I can't describe the scent except to say that it's extremely strong, unpleasant, and too lingering. I'll use it perhaps once more before I make my final decision, but it definitely offended my wife. (even our dog didn't want to give me a kiss, and that made me feel like crying!)

Tiredricefarmer likes this.
  16. Paul Turner

I'll have to check the reviews for it, but you give a good one(albeit sad)here.

Yehuda D and Tiredricefarmer like this.
  17. Tiredricefarmer

I'll take your word for it! I remember reading the scent description of it and thinking it wasn't for me so I haven't tried it. I've been on a bath soap binge here lately. I still have 4 bars of different Stirling soaps to go through. They all smell great! Got 2 bars of Yardley, Zum bar Cedar, and a bar or Herban Cowboy Dusk. The Zum and Herban, along with Stirling Gatlinburg seem like fall and winter scents to me. Looking forward to cooler weather!

Yehuda D likes this.
  18. George X

George X Well-Known Member

I like the Tuscany bath soap and two bars are should be in the mailbox when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiredricefarmer likes this.
  19. Tiredricefarmer

Tuscany is in my top 3 of the Stirling bath soaps I've tried. Let me recommend Noir to you, it replaced Tuscany at the top of my list. Smells awesome! I have Piacenza on deck after I finish my sample of Electric Sheep! Just finished a wonderful shave with a Tuscany shave sample! :happy088:

George X likes this.
  20. George X

George X Well-Known Member

Scentual delivery. When these run out I will order another as well as Noir and Piacenza.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk