Stirling bath soap

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by Tiredricefarmer, May 8, 2017.

1. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I never thought there would be a Stirling scent which I didn't like, but this is the one. Even Rod apparently doesn't feel it's good enough because he discontinued it. I just sprayed on some Turkish lemon cologne called Pe Re Ja and that got rid of the North Padre scent. My daughter loves the smell of that stuff, but my wife is...............just meh about it. I don't give a sweet rat's tukhis about how my dog feels about it - I LOVE this cologne! ;)

Tiredricefarmer likes this.
  2. Yehuda D

Nope, I actually haven't tried too many Stirling bath soaps.

Just these:

Glacial Spearmint (wonderful)
    Glacial Lemon Chill (wonderful)
    Glacial Obsidian (wonderful)
    Glacial Wintergreen (when it was available it was wonderful)
    MITA (wonderful)
    Lavender (don't see it now, but it was very good)
    Electric Sheep (wonderful)
    North Padre**

**North Padre and I are not getting along, unfortunately.

mrchick and Tiredricefarmer like this.
  3. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

I love the brush! :smiley respect:

George X likes this.
  4. Tiredricefarmer

About to finish up a bar of Piacenza. While it's not in my top favorites I really enjoyed the scent and the lather is awesome as always! Up next in a day or so will be Arcadia, smells great! After that I'll be getting in to what I think are fall and winter scents! Lather well my friends!!!

Yehuda D likes this.
  5. Yehuda D

I'll soon be finished with a Glacial Spearmint bar - thank God I have another brand-new one still in the wrapper. I hope to get a couple of Glacial Lemon Chill bars soon.

dustmite likes this.
  6. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I just finished up my last bar of Glacial Lemon. I have a bar of Iced Pineapple, then I'm out of menthol bath bars... :(

Yehuda D likes this.
  7. Yehuda D

I just tried a new Stirling bath soap. Scots Pine Sheep, (a sample) and you know what - it's NICE!

Paul Turner and dustmite like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

As you know from my posts, I cheat with the bath soaps-I use them at my sink for hand-washing.

George X, dustmite and Yehuda D like this.
  9. Yehuda D

I started a brand-new Glacial Lemon Chill bath soap and I've already used it for two showers. The freezing sensation is off-the-charts from it. I think it's as cold as the shaving soap version.

dustmite and Tiredricefarmer like this.
  10. Tiredricefarmer

It will wake you up that's for sure! I'm almost done with a bar of Arkadia and have Scots Pine Sheep up next!

Yehuda D likes this.
  11. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

All this talk about Stirling bath soaps ... enablers! All of you!

Living in Asia means ordering is a carefully thought out process to ensure I get bang for my buck on shipping. I have a bunch of stuff in my cart but am waiting on a reply from @ezlovan to see how much more I can fit in the box to get the most out of shipping costs....then I click the buy button.

And I'll top up on a few shave soaps that I like, and grab a few samples that I haven't tried yet...

And I'll grab a Stirling boar as well because they look pretty cool :happy093:

12. Tiredricefarmer

On the enablers part.... I'll take that as a compliment! :happy088:

Yehuda D likes this.
  13. Yehuda D

Our weather got quite a bit cooler today and considerably less humid so I'll use the Scots Pine Sheep bath soap when I go for my shower. With my last order Rod sent me a sample of the Sandalwood so eventually I'll give that a whirl. It sure smells nice!

Tiredricefarmer and Paul Turner like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I wonder if Doc Ezlovan's Sandalwood is more "masculine", as is that of Wet Shaving Products.

Yehuda D and Tiredricefarmer like this.
  15. Tiredricefarmer

I've got a sample Sandalwood and I think it smells "masculine". I almost broke it open last night but decided I want the weather to be a bit cooler. Still in the high 80's-90's here. Started on a bar of Black Cherry instead. The Black Cherry is the first bath soap scent I've gotten that I've not really cared for.

Yehuda D and Paul Turner like this.
  16. Yehuda D

Same here. We've had unseasonably-hot weather here for a while and for the most part I've been using the Glacial Lemon Chill bar. Once the cooler weather really kicks in I'll continue with the Scots Pine Sheep and I'll get started with the Sandalwood sample. There's only one Stirling scent which I can say I found unpleasant - the North Padre, and it was discontinued.

Tiredricefarmer likes this.
  17. tepidgrist

tepidgrist New Member

Same here. A bar for a shampoo is foreign to me. I give it a try.

18. Tiredricefarmer

Just opened a bar of Gatlinburg and it smelled waaayyy better than I thought it would! So much so that I decided to have a Gatlinburg shave too! It's been a good day! :chores016:

19. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I'm working on a bar of Pig Trail. Not sure if it's just my imagination, but the lard-base seems to be even more moisturizing than the tallow. And a phenomenal scent to boot! I'll definitely be ordering more!

PLAla likes this.