Stirling Gin & Tonic on the Rocks shaving soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Yehuda D, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

As promised, here's a review of a wonderful soap that I finally had the pleasure of using!

Ease of lathering: 10/10--In seconds the lather explodes from a brush.

Longevity of lather: 10/10--It'll last as long as you want it too. Perfect stability.

General skincare: 10/10--Very moisturizing, awesome soothing as well as a great cooling sensation.

Scent: 10/10--Ah, this soap gives a fresh burst of lemon/lime with juniper berries. ( is that what else it is?)

Price: 10/10--I know what the price is. However, my wife bought it for me. Excellent value.

Would I buy again: 10/10--Being a menthol lover, I most surely would. This soap rocks! ;)

I hope nobody here gets the idea that all I love are Stirling products cuz it really ain't so but yes, it's true that I recently worked very hard at getting rid of about 90% of what was a bigger stash than some vendors have. There are MANY other excellent soaps out there, both artisan and commercial but I must admit for the sake of honesty that Stirling has become my favorite. This particular soap has the best of everything - scent, lather, skincare, as well as being very reasonably-priced. For those other menthol lovers who are curious about the cooling level I'd say it's at easily a 6/10 which means it's a good middle-of-the-road chill which is very close to the regular MITA soap. Not a borderline-painful, eye-tearing Glacial kind of freeze, but still very enjoyable and invigorating!

targa88, PLAla, Jim99 and 5 others like this.
  2. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

On my to-try list

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yehuda D, Kizurra and Zykris like this.
  3. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Adding this one to my list of wanted Stirling soaps.

Yehuda D and Kizurra like this.
  4. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

It's in my list too!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Yehuda D likes this.
  5. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Yehuda/Jeff, you're always spot on with your soap reviews and I've been a big fan of Stirling shave soap for the past couple of years. I've never tried the gin and tonic soap before, but I see that it's one I need to add to my den.
    :)

6. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

It's truly an awesome soap. :) I think you'd like it.

Gnomeo0228, Zykris and Jim99 like this.