Stirling Soap Orange Chill

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by bscarpenter, Jul 26, 2016.

1. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

Lemon Chill is probably the most mentholy soap I've used. It won't make my eyes water, but lemon chill splash on aftershave will.

2. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I used the Stirling Orange Chill for the first time yesterday. I admit - I'm not a big menthol fan - but I found the Orange Chill almost painful. I hurried through the shave so I could soak my face with a warm wet towel. Loved the scent however.

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I hope you didn't nick yourself as you hurried through it.

4. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

No nicks but I missed a few spots.

Paul Turner likes this.
  5. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

Menthol Orange Chill vs Glacial Lemon Chill... You can check with Stirling, but my experience owning both is that Glacial Lemon Chill soap has more menthol by a fair amount than Menthol Orange Chill soap. That is probably why the term Glacial is in the name of Glacial Lemon Chill.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Robyflexx and PickledNorthern like this.
  6. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

If thats the case then Lemon Chill is not for me.

7. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

You are most correct, Sir. The Orange Chill is "mildly" mentholated. If a soap says Glacial on it, you had better know you like your menthol.

Like me. Or @crackstar . Heck, in hot weather I add menthol to my Glacials. ⛄️❄️⛄️

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  8. PickledNorthern

Your best bet would be to buy some M-Bomb from the Shave Den shop and control the cold yourself. It is fantastic stuff. You can also buy menthol crystals online and bomb your own aftershave balms. It is dirt cheap too.

9. PickledNorthern

The soap is going to be what the soap is. Unless you want to custom order a batch. The aftershave he can work with you on.

Robyflexx likes this.
  10. Maineac

Maineac Member

I live in SW FL in a small town surrounded by orange groves. When the trees come into bloom the fragrance throughout the town is wonderful. Anyhow, after reading all of the accolades from you enablers I purchased eight samples from Stirling. So far MITA is my favorite (It is almost alive!) and Ozark Mountain second. Yes, I have more coming!

ohbrian and PickledNorthern like this.
  11. ohbrian

ohbrian Well-Known Member

Can I say again that I love Orange chill? I have to say I love the freeze in the "menthol" soaps, the "glacial" must be obscene. I have some Florida Water that I over mentholated that makes me cry like a little girl...literally...but I love it.

PickledNorthern likes this.