Stone Cottage Shaving Creams. Pretty, pretty good I'd say....

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Str8on2, May 2, 2017.

1. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

On my recent trip to Stone Cottage Soapworks this past weekend, I decided to try some wonderfully scented shaving creams and purchased 2, Suede de Kashmir and Coconut Sandalwood. I tried and shaved with Suede de Kashmir yesterday, and used the Coconut Sandalwood today. Both excellent performing creams with good slickness, glide and cushion.
    Yesterday's shave set up. The best scent of the 2 imo... Suede de Kashmir. Mmm,Mmm...
    IMG_0479.JPG

IMG_0480.JPG

A little goes a long way with these creams. Just a full fingernails worth of my thumb and it produces copious amounts of thick, rich and creamy lather. Both days were 3 pass shaves with the razors in the pics with a Family Dollar S/S blade with shave #6 & #7 on it. Today's shave was just about it's end, but still a fine shave.
    As I stated before, both provide excellent face protection and the residual slickness from clearing the lather and hair from each pass was great. Post shave feel is just incredible, leaving my skin soft, supple and moisterized. And both creams provide a nice lingering scent with very good staying power for the Suede de Kashmir. I thought $18 was a bit much, but after these two shaves I'm thinking it's a bargain. 6 ounces of densely packed goodness.
    Nice, creamy goodness awaits.......
    IMG_0483.JPG
    IMG_0484.JPG

Great performance all across the board with both creams. Just one shave in with each of these creams, and looking forward to many more. Never thought I'd have creams that could compete with my best soaps, these just might start a new trend for me, CAD. Not good for my wallet, but awesome for my face....:happy036:
    IMG_0490.JPG

RyX and IDuck like this.
  2. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

I've got the "Bay Lime". Very nice scent, but I don't get the lime, just the bay. That being said, it's nice and slick. I like it.

3. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I have the Suede de Kashmir, good stuff.

4. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Just acquired their newest scent, Leather & Smoke. An amazing scent profile. Sort of vintage English Leather mixed with an Oak casked smoked Whisky, just a bit sweeter with a bit of coconut in there to balance it out nicely. A superb and manly scent. Good lather & slickness with above average protection and excellent post shave feel, leaving my skin soft and supple. If you're into leather and aged whisky scent, I think this would be a worthy addition to anyone's soap/cream collection.
    IMG_0675.JPG