Storing shave sticks

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Kingpepper, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

I just received an Erasmic shave stick. Got a very nice shave with it. What is the best way to store it after being used?
    Thanks!

2. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Paul, I usually rinse them after use, then let them air dry during the day, and store them standing up in the closet. If the foil is still intact (and not ripped from opening when new) then I will wrap this around the soap portion.

I have had sticks in there for a year, and they still smell the same and lather just as good as the first day. :D

3. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

I better unwrap it and let it dry. Now to find room in my cabinet! Thank you Joe!

4. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

I do find it good to unwrap.....the sticks that I (in the past) did not allow to air-dry, like Arko and Palmolive.....got funky in various ways.

The arko is paper, and the ink bled into the stick causing it to have red spots.

The palmolive foil, which was down in the plastic holder, may have gotten moldy/rusty/funky.

So I would recommend removing all foil or wrappers before using, that way they'll stay intact and you can use them to "wrap" after they dry, and for travel

5. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

Before using the stick I completely unwrapped it and put the holder on it, then used. I better go unwrap as I didn't let it dry.

6. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Im waiting for some Wilkinson sticks...so basically undress it....let it dry....then put the foil back on right?

7. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

:happy088 Yup

8. herzi

herzi Active Member

I don't rinse them after use. Just let them dry and store them in a cabinet.

9. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I rinse them and let them dry as well as store them on top of a cupboard :D

10. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

OK, so then what is your technique for traveling with them?

11. Will

Will Nevermind

I stick mine in a Ziplock tub, like my other soaps.

BTW is that Erasmic stick not great or what. :D

12. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I need to find a good way to store them while traveling. Foil wrap is not going hold up well in my shave kit jammed into my bag.

13. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Perhaps a large pill bottle from your pharmacy of choice.

Just ask for one, they'll give it to you.

14. Philq

Philq New Member

I use a pill bottle for my Spicek Stick I travel with

15. MichaelG

MichaelG New Member

In general, I keep my shaving sticks in pill bottles...

that I've drilled small holes in the cap. I usually leave the stick to dry first on the counter, then drop it in the pill bottle. It works great for my Wilkinsons and Speick shaving sticks. The Erasmic stick (or rather the plastic holder), however, is too wide to fit in the usual sized pill bottle - so I keep it in the original box. I need to find a larger pill bottle for it.

16. PeterS

PeterS Member

The Boots stick comes in a nice plastic case like the Toja. I have a few empties and it will fit Palmolive, Erasmic, Wilkinson and Speick sticks.

Pete