Straight Razor Place

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Spyder, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

What _can_ happen in a situation like this, (from long experience with web hosting and work with domains) is that one person had the domain registration in their name. Another person is/might be the one that had the database administration and possibly the actual hosting being paid out of their name. The best way to have handled it would be an actual corporation, but even then, you end up with one person as the main contact.

So, one person decides that it's "theirs", and shuts everything down because they aren't being compensated well enough. This can be either the domain name holder, or the database holder. I've seen some remarkably nasty stuff go on with this sort of thing, in the 20 some years that people have been allowed to own their own domain name (and run multi-user and multi-admin sites), going all the way back to MUDs.

This is pure surmise, and although I'd like to know more, I don't want to know more enough to sign up for my own Facebook account :)

2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

The same thing happened to me. It kinda makes sense though, all they are trying to do is keep miles long threads from becoming hundreds of miles long threads, with congrats on SOTD type posts. They just want you to edit out the pic when you reply.

The way the mod handled it seems kind of like, “WTH, really?” though.

Spyder, Keithmax and Jim99 like this.
  3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

4. Bookworm

Yes, but apparently there are shenanigans going on behind the scenes that you can only find out about via Facebook.

Spyder likes this.
  5. wristwatchb

Ignorance is bliss. :)

Keithmax, BaylorGator and Spyder like this.
  6. Bookworm

And then you get killed by that of which you were unaware.

mrchick, Spyder and RyX like this.
  7. wristwatchb

Maybe by an oncoming train, but probably not by an Internet forum. It ain't rocket science to tell the difference. ;)

Keithmax and Spyder like this.
  8. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Pro Tip from your grumpy neighborhood mod:

Discussing reality is ok, conjecture that involves criminal accusation or defamation not as ok!!!

If you don't want to prove it in Federal Court, don't write it. ;)

There are already lawyers at work here, apparently.

Keithmax, gssixgun and Spyder like this.
  9. Bama Samurai

This is ok, for example.

Spyder likes this.
  10. Bookworm

Rocket surgery? Brain science?

Spyder likes this.
  11. Bookworm

Hey, hey! No need to use obscenities.

RyX, Spyder and Bama Samurai like this.
  12. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

What's bliss?

;)

Spyder likes this.
  13. Bama Samurai

The eternal knowledge that no matter how much it hurts down here, a better eternity awaits.

;)

14. Bama Samurai

He's failing his community and causing unnecessary upset.

Can't prove much else...

Spyder and Keithmax like this.
  15. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

:happy108::happy093::bounce015:

Spyder likes this.
  16. Waate

Waate Member

I am glad that this is being discussed on this forum and others so that everyone that’s interested can have both sides of the story. “It is like a pancake, no matter how thin you make it there is always two sides”-unknown

brit and Keithmax like this.
  17. Bookworm

Honestly - we don't have much of either side of the story. That's why it's gone quiet. We did the speculation, and now there's nothing to do but wait for more information.

18. Waate

Waate Member

I guess you are right but it is more of the story than I had before. Especially after I joined the FB page and heard Lynn’s explanation.

19. Bookworm

As the FB information hasn't been transferred here, you have more of the story than I do :) I figure it'll all come out in the wash eventually.

20. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I actually tried to get both sides of the story. The mods deleted my posts and threatened to ban me for asking questions. The founder, Lynn has been kicked out. That’s what I know, and I did the math. People are slowly making their way to the FB Page.
    I’m glad most of my friends are here:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.