Straight Razor Place

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Spyder, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Well said. I might add, "You are known by the company you keep". That is one of my favorites I live by.

mrchick, Paul76 and Spyder like this.
  2. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Lynn has said plenty. There’s no point in in translating his statements here. The thread was started as a question, which has been answered as best as possible.
    There are those that know exactly what happened and the rest is speculation. I would advise that at this point, you just wait and see what eventually is decided in the court system.

3. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Hopefully the court filings will be linked somewhere - most stuff is available online now; I just don't know where it might be filed to search.

4. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

It’s a crappy situation to say the least. I can’t support what’s happened either. Just hope it gets resolved and returned and not destroyed.

mrchick likes this.
  5. Bookworm

My point, which I guess I didn't really say very well, is that without information, many of them _may not know what's going on_. So, it's not really fair to the folks that are still there to be comparing them to quislings. Apparently to get more detailed information is very difficult unless you are/were on a specific invitation-only Facebook group. There's certainly very little on SRP(2).

If they're like most of my customers, they don't have the skills, or the inclination, to go hunting for additional information. Instead, they're happy with just being there. Until/unless one (or both) publicly states what's going on, everyone will be in the dark. (No, I don't consider a private Facebook forum as 'public')

If it does end up court? It could be years before anyone knows anything. Our courts aren't known for being 'speedy', no matter what the Constitution might say :)

6. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Is Lynn still involved with Straight Razors Designs store?

lindyhopper66 likes this.
  7. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I believe he still owns srd.

lindyhopper66 and Keithmax like this.
  8. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Got it. You’re absolutely correct. A large portion of the membership doesn’t realize what happened. You’re not even allowed to ask what happened. I did ask and my thread was deleted and I was threatened to be banned if I ever asked again. So I hold nothing against those that are ignorant of the situation, but I feel totally different of those that do know, and won’t take a stand.

DaltonGang, Paul76 and Keithmax like this.
  9. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

Saint Louis county courts are definitely not known for a speedy process, it can take six months just to go to court for a traffic violation. And if there’s continuances it can go for years on a dispute. It’s a shame how things can be drug out to just drain someone on court and lawyer fees alone, not to mention the mental drain that can cause too.

10. Waate

Waate Member

M

Yes and no! I have had conversations with all mentors and mods via PM and they are ALL aware. The rest of the membership maybe but the mods/mentors don’t get to hide behind “I didn’t know”. The ones who stayed are doing so knowing fully what is going on. Glen hasn’t posted in a looong time as well as a few others.

11. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

How many people on this thread financially supported SRP, as opposed to simply using the free resource?

Just wondering....

mrchick likes this.
  12. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

I was there for just over a year and in that time there was never any sort of fund raiser. I was told that it was privately funded by the owners, which in my opinion shows the dedication of those men

13. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Me too..........even though I just learned about the old site today after watching Lynn’s videos. I don’t want a thief getting any traffic he doesn’t deserve.

TSD should provide more than enough information to draw me to the dark side!:happy088:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    Paul76, Keithmax and mrchick like this.
  14. Bookworm

Videos? I'm assuming the old ones from Youtube?

15. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Yep

16. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

There’s plenty of stuff here to lure more to the dark side.

Keithmax likes this.
  17. Utopian

Utopian New Member

Morals cannot properly be judged based only on limited information. If you wish to fault those of us who continue to participate in SRWhatever, then that is your right, but don't presume that you know what led up to this mess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.