Strange Problem with some Razors

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Engblom, Jan 23, 2017.

1. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

A little late to the game. I had this problem one time. I came to the conclusion that i did not rinse my razor enough after cleaning it with scrubbing bubbles. Everything was fine until an hour later. My face burned like heck. I gave the razor a really good rinse and no further problems.

Just a thought. I hope it all works out for you.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mrchick likes this.
  2. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

Second shave with the Super Speed.

First I washed the razor with good soap, really rubbing it. Then instead of using Rapira Swedish Supersteel, I loaded it with Feather. Just in case the delayed irritation would have come from a very slight pulling in the whiskers, a Feather blade is safer choice.

During the shave I made sure to use the "Gillette Slide" technique through the whole shave. This also to reduce any pulling that could have been occurring. The shave itself felt smooth, so I proceeded to BBS on my cheeks and on my chin. Under my nose, there was small patch not fully BBS and some spots on my neck not fulfilling BBS.

I should maybe not have gone the way to BBS on the cheeks this time, as the aftershave gave a very slight signal of over-shaving. However, this time I never got any delayed irritation.

So what solved the problem I do not know. Either the cleaning of the razor or then Feather+all the way Gillette Slide.

twhite and PickledNorthern like this.
  3. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

I'm glad the irritation didn't come back. And I'm glad you are going to be able to enjoy it. I have always liked those US Super Speeds. They always shave well for me. Have a great day Lars.

Engblom, twhite and PickledNorthern like this.